Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

media share /nero/wmp issue???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:26 AM

my media share wont work because i'm having issues with my WMP
whenever i play a song on WMP is get "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help."

i have tried reinstalling WMP dowgrading to WMP 10 but i still get that error message??

has any one else had this issue? my audio files work great with itunes but for some reason WMP wont play them.

thanks.

i'm using XP home is that matters any.

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Justinto

Justinto

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:49 AM

Have you tried downloading the latest codecs from MS? Do you have any other players installed?
Justin

Panasonic 58-V10 Plasma; Panasonic 50" GT30 Plasma
HR20-700 (2)
Aperion Verus Grand Speakers (2)
Marantz SR6006 and Pioneer 1020K receivers

#3 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

i'm not sure do you have a link to where i can download these updates for WMP.

i have reinstalled it a few time but still get error. i'm using itunes to play music and that works..
foxytunes wont work WMP related error. i have nero media player but that also has same WMP error.

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

spam firewall