Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Customer Service - they just can't quite get it right

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   msmith

msmith

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:23 AM

I have an RC64R remote that came with my HR20-700. The remote's FF button is not working well - you have to push really hard in order to get the green light at the top to light up. It's worn out.

I called DirecTV. I told the CSR the problem, and she agreed to send me a new remote. I was very careful to tell them that it was an RF remote, including giving the model number. I asked twice if it would be exactly the remote.

Later in the day I checked the online site. It showed an order for a "Universal Remote". This is different from a "Universal RF Remote".

So I called back to ask them to ship the correct remote. The 2nd csr said that he'd cancel the first remote, and send me the right one. Since there was already a $15+tax credit on the account for the first remote, he'd give me a $10+tax credit to equal the $25+tax price of the RF remote. The credit was done because my remote was still under warranty.

Today on the DirecTV website I have:
1. An order for the non-RF remote in "Routing" status.
2. An order for the RF remote in "Processing" status.
3. A charge for both.
4. Two credits totalling $25+tax.

I suspect that I'll get two remotes in the Fedex, and have to fight about returning one. Then I'll have to fight about the credits and charges.

Why can't they just do it right the first time?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:02 AM

Maybe just try and sell it somewhere else online or keep it as a spare?

Might be easier than trying to return it.
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#3 OFFLINE   msmith

msmith

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:27 AM

As expected, I received TWO remotes - an RC64 and RC64RB

I called and DirecTV is crediting me for the 2nd remote as well. I get to keep both.

I figure they lost about $29 on this - $10 for the RC64 sent by mistake, $5 each for 2 CSR phone calls, $3 for warehouse handling of 2nd order, and about $6 for shipping.

#4 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:42 PM

But they are happy if you are happy. Glad they got it worked out for you.
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...