Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Traverse City-Cadillac, MI

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Frostilicus

Frostilicus

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

I've been watching shows on Hulu instead of WPBN because of the constant stuttering and dropouts. Maybe their advertisers would be more concerned about fixing the problem.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

CH29 is notoriously awful in this area [I live here] for audio blurps.
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

#23 OFFLINE   nn8l

nn8l

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

The World Cup final was nearly unwatchable Sunday. The audio dropouts seem to be getting worse instead of better for ABC and NBC.

#24 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

The HD LiL issues in our DMA have become much worse in the last couple of months. Just received a report today that Directv is investigating the issue. CSRs are not supposed to schedule service calls for this issue. But they do :(

#25 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:51 PM

These LiL's are STILL awful. CH7 & CH9 seem to be the worst. We've got stuttering, FF/PIX, and voice sync issues. The issue seems to be mostly in the evening and at night. But I've seen it in the middle of the day also. It's really quite unwatchable, we might as well not have LiL's during primetime.

#26 OFFLINE   guillenrocks

guillenrocks

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

As of Dec. 2, the audio stutters and picture freezes have stopped for me and picture quality is noticeably better....especially on WPBN. Anybody else notice this?

#27 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

As of Dec. 2, the audio stutters and picture freezes have stopped for me and picture quality is noticeably better....especially on WPBN. Anybody else notice this?

I'll keep my eye on it. I haven't been getting as many complaints lately, so hopefully things have been remedied! :joy:
It's only been... a year and a half since this started? Gese.

#28 OFFLINE   couchpotato

couchpotato

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

Well....summer is over here in lovely Northern Michigan, as the local NBC channel WPBN begins it's yearly studder/pixel marathon...been this way for 3 years running now. Thank god the only thing I watch live on this station anymore is the weather or the Sunday night football games. Shameful....
4 DTV HR21's
5 DTV H21's
XM XpressRC
Sirius Starmate Replay
Sirius JVC-AVX11 In 05 Pacifica Touring AWD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...