Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I want to order Directv but my credit is bad..

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ffemtreed

ffemtreed

Icon

• Registered
  • 960 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

no no no no no no no no. your wife, yes, kids must be over 18 or you commit fraud

technically its only fraud if you planned to defraud them out of money/service, ie sign up and never planned to pay the bill.

Using a wife or kids name to sign up for service wouldn't be a crime unless you did it without their permission. You may violate direct tv terms of service (due to age) but that isn't a crime, thats a civil situation.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:17 AM

But then they said i could call after 30 days and get 2 Regular DVR boxes installed for free?

Probably more like 60 or 90 days. They have started charging a $50 fee for new customers adding equipment within the first few months.

Also, the key phrase is "installed for free". You would still be paying $99 for each DVR, even though they may waive an installation charge.:)

#23 OFFLINE   DishCSR

DishCSR

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:39 AM

I'm not sure what you can/will get or not and I will defer to someone who has had experience with this, but whatever offer or details they give you (such as being able to get two SD DVR boxes installed for free 30 days later), get it in writing via e-mail and have them put it in the notes in your account AND read it back to you.

Again, I haven't had the experience of future promises with regard to equipment/new accounts, so hopefully someone who has can give detail on what you should do to assure you get what they're telling you you can get.

I agree with you jluc , however,. the part about noting the account, does not apply wtih direct tv sales, since they use a completely different system than the csr's do, I know this makes no sense, but it is dtv. Direct sales agents have absolutely no way of noting the account. Because they never see the "account" they only see the sales order applilcation, and vice versa. the part of the sales application that sales agents see is very different than the sales;/orders that a csr sees. again this makes no sense, but it is dtv.
former dish csr

#24 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:56 AM

I agree with you jluc , however,. the part about noting the account, does not apply wtih direct tv sales, since they use a completely different system than the csr's do, I know this makes no sense, but it is dtv. Direct sales agents have absolutely no way of noting the account. Because they never see the "account" they only see the sales order applilcation, and vice versa. the part of the sales application that sales agents see is very different than the sales;/orders that a csr sees. again this makes no sense, but it is dtv.

OK, I hear ya.

So what mechanisms are in place for someone to assure that promises made to a new customer by the sales agents aren't (a) just smoke blown up someone's rear end to make a sale or (B) "vaporware", so to speak, where when the customer calls to take advantage of those offers they don't get the "sorry, I don't know anything about that and DirecTV doesn't do that" responses?

#25 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

OK, I hear ya.

So what mechanisms are in place for someone to assure that promises made to a new customer by the sales agents aren't (a) just smoke blown up someone's rear end to make a sale or (B) "vaporware", so to speak, where when the customer calls to take advantage of those offers they don't get the "sorry, I don't know anything about that and DirecTV doesn't do that" responses?

All the sales information is displayed on the order. So if you were giving a programming special or something then it's listed on the order itself. When it comes to things like "Just call after" then the responses are generic and they have no way of going over every situation that can come up. They are sales people and so they're going to spin it as much as they can in a good light but they shouldn't lie. The biggest issue is the lack of explaining a $50 fee for ordering equipment or placing a movers within a specific time frame after the account is open.

Once an order is placed when you call in you will be routed to the regular departments and not direct sales. If you have any further questions they can answer them.

#26 OFFLINE   bluesman40220

bluesman40220

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

If you are married, get your wife or kid(s) a debit card, and have them subscribe for you.

BTW, I just bought a HR22 at Best Buy, and all I had to do was sign an electronic agreement at the checkout to activate the receiver within a month.

Leave your kids out of this--enough said.
HDTV: Mitsubishi WD 52825 Format 1080i
DTV Equipment: HR20-700 & H20 (Config: Native ON), AT9 Dish
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705
HDTV & DVR Connection: via HDMI
Receiver Connection: HDMI 1.3a

#27 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:02 PM

Make sure to pay the bill on time or so long deposit.
No longer doing DBS work, but missing every moment of it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...