Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

103 "failure" on new HD receiver install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   leesweet

leesweet

Godfather

• Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:28 PM

I activated one of my HD Swap HR21-100s (the first new receiver I've installed in a while), and the new 'signal test' software fails 103 on both the 'top' and 'bottom' tests (I disremember what these are, L and R?). After retesting several times, only the top one fails.

Details after looking at the actual signal levels (and they are the same for all receivers, not just for this one; this is just the first one to run Sat Setup recently):

For the non-zero reports, here's what I see today. I'd rerun the setup on that receiver, but I hate to wipe the guide again...

101//110/119: over 90, most way over 90, many 100s.
99 spots, one 67, 74, 80s, up to high 90s (98).
99 CONUS, 80s and 90s, minimum is 81.
103 spots, one 72, some are 95.
103 CONUS, all are 80s and 70s, lowest is 76 (right now).

1) What's the level where the 'fail' signal comes on the Sat Setup and what is it looking at for the 99/103? CONUS only, I assume.

2) Would one LNB be doing this? I know about the tight peaks for the 99/103 sats, and already had it realigned to get it much better about six months ago. As far as I recall, it's still about there, since the 99 has one 92 with the rest high 70s and 80s. I guess it could have drifted a little bit.

So, do I ignore this 'failure' or get it realigned or is there a possible LNB issue? Is the 'fail' indication from the new setup a bit too picky?
-Lee
Want to see my setup?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

I activated one of my HD Swap HR21-100s (the first new receiver I've installed in a while), and the new 'signal test' software fails 103 on both the 'top' and 'bottom' tests (I disremember what these are, L and R?). After retesting several times, only the top one fails.

Details after looking at the actual signal levels (and they are the same for all receivers, not just for this one; this is just the first one to run Sat Setup recently):

For the non-zero reports, here's what I see today. I'd rerun the setup on that receiver, but I hate to wipe the guide again...

101//110/119: over 90, most way over 90, many 100s.
99 spots, one 67, 74, 80s, up to high 90s (98).
99 CONUS, 80s and 90s, minimum is 81.
103 spots, one 72, some are 95.
103 CONUS, all are 80s and 70s, lowest is 76 (right now).

1) What's the level where the 'fail' signal comes on the Sat Setup and what is it looking at for the 99/103? CONUS only, I assume.

2) Would one LNB be doing this? I know about the tight peaks for the 99/103 sats, and already had it realigned to get it much better about six months ago. As far as I recall, it's still about there, since the 99 has one 92 with the rest high 70s and 80s. I guess it could have drifted a little bit.

So, do I ignore this 'failure' or get it realigned or is there a possible LNB issue? Is the 'fail' indication from the new setup a bit too picky?

try this. set the dish setting to round (101 only) then when it comes up let it get the upgrade and then switch to the 5lnb
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#3 OFFLINE   leesweet

leesweet

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:00 PM

No, it let me continue fine... it didn't stop the install. It also got 290 and then of course the new 29b overnight

Was it supposed to fail and halt?
-Lee
Want to see my setup?

#4 OFFLINE   ncpsd60

ncpsd60

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:14 PM

This is a sofware error, just hit continue and fix latter. I noticed it happens on my hd rec.

#5 OFFLINE   leesweet

leesweet

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

The sat test failure is a bug? I thought this was new recently to be sure the installer actually aligned the HD sats correctly 'enough'.
-Lee
Want to see my setup?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...