Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

No signal. Pls help. Details inside.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   skuba

skuba

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

Hi Guys,

I have what I believe to be a dish500 and the 311 receiver. It's one of those dishes with dp dual, but I only really have 1 there. I only use it to get international channels on echostar 1, satellite 148, transponder 11.

Everything was working fine until today. There has been no rains or winds or anything. I checked the connection and they seem fine.

Anyway, when I start the receive, it can't acquire a signal, so I go into setup and test the switch. THe status shows as "problems detected, check connections", then I go into details, it says "LNB status:direct connect to a dp dual
dp dual-1 good connection, no signal"

So what does it mean? The dish is actually working and I just have to adjust it to get the signal, or there might be a problem with the lnb?

Please , I appreciate your help.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

My guess is a bad lnb but, I am sure that someone with a lot more experience will chime in too.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#3 OFFLINE   skuba

skuba

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:05 AM

Thanks guys. I fixed it. It was just the signal. And usually it is, but the support guy was telling it us something else. I think he just wanted to send somebody over and charge me for it.
Anyway, it's all good now. Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 519 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:43 AM

Thanks guys. I fixed it. It was just the signal. And usually it is, but the support guy was telling it us something else. I think he just wanted to send somebody over and charge me for it.
Anyway, it's all good now. Thanks

It's all good now...There is a ugly rumor on Satellite Guys website that 148° will be diminishing. Just like what DISH did to 61.5° moving channels to the 5000's. If you see a message stating that your channel will be moved to 118.7° don't hesitate to call DISH Network for the free upgrade. :nono2:

#5 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

It's no rumor; international packages have been moving over to 118.7 for over a year, at about one package per month. This upgrade requires a "Plus" dish (a 500+ for no HD or a 1000+ for HD) to be installed, and is a free upgrade for international subscribers whose package is moved.

It is important that you make sure your current contact information is correct at Dish, so that they can reach you when it comes time to schedule your upgrade. If they can't reach you, or if you don't respond to the calls and letters, then one day you'll have no programming, and will have to call for the upgrade and wait until it can be scheduled.

#6 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

Any idea what they are going to do with 148? I have heard that maybe they current 129 sat might be moved there after ceil 2 is up but, I don't know if that bird even has enough gas left to get there. I can't imagine that they will just let that orbital slot go, so they have to have some kind of idea for it.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...