Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Birdog and problems with 95 sat

widescreen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Simmerman

Simmerman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

My apologies if this is not posted correctly. I usually just respond to threads, not start them.

I have not had an International install in some time. Just had one on Friday and could not get a "found" on the 95 satellite on my Birdog ( ver 2.5 software). Thought I might have line of sight issues then after much trouble shooting I just peaked it using the 101 LNB then went inside and had great signal levels on the 95 satellite on both D-12's I installed.

Talked with a sup the next day and he advised techs have been having problems finding the 95 on the Birdogs. I have no idea about any other meters. I can still do installs using the 101 LNB but I like to use the 95 as we have to install a triple sat or KaKu dish in addition to the International dish for our installs here in southern AZ.

Anybody have any info on this?

Thanks

#2 OFFLINE   gen2rx7

gen2rx7

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

Same problem here with my Birdog 2.5. If I remember right I had to re download the 95 sat to get the thing to work. But I can't remember, its been a while since I did one.

#3 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:23 AM

My apologies if this is not posted correctly. I usually just respond to threads, not start them.

I have not had an International install in some time. Just had one on Friday and could not get a "found" on the 95 satellite on my Birdog ( ver 2.5 software). Thought I might have line of sight issues then after much trouble shooting I just peaked it using the 101 LNB then went inside and had great signal levels on the 95 satellite on both D-12's I installed.

Talked with a sup the next day and he advised techs have been having problems finding the 95 on the Birdogs. I have no idea about any other meters. I can still do installs using the 101 LNB but I like to use the 95 as we have to install a triple sat or KaKu dish in addition to the International dish for our installs here in southern AZ.

Anybody have any info on this?

Thanks

Same problem here with my Birdog 2.5. If I remember right I had to re download the 95 sat to get the thing to work. But I can't remember, its been a while since I did one.

You guys need to keep your sat profiles updated in the birdog. The G3C @95w for both V & H polarities were updated on 8/27. So, if you haven't updated since then, the SSID may not work.

Here's a link to what was updated and when. http://www.birdog.tv...ult.aspx?page=2
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#4 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:16 PM

Birdogs are able to "ID" a particular satellite by comparing the signal against its stored profiles, which were created by the folks at Horizon by using a spectrum analyzer on each satellite's signal. When something changes a satellite's signal, such as a replacelment satellite coming online, or a second satellite taking over some of the transponders, it is very common for that stored profile to no longer match the signal coming from the satellite. When this happens, Horizon creates a new profile and posts it on their website so that end-users can update their Birdogs.

There's been lots of activity recently, and many changes have occured (you can see the dates of every recent profile update). You should try to update your Birdog at least once every 90 days or so, or anytime you know a new satellite is going on-line.

#5 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

Yup. do the updata and you'll be fine. I had the same issues.
Use "KH HNS G3C 95 West"
No longer doing DBS work, but missing every moment of it.

#6 OFFLINE   Simmerman

Simmerman

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

Thanks everybody. I knew i could find an answer here. That would make sense, I havent had an international install for a few months.

spam firewall