Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need to verify proper install..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Pipeline Mechanic

Pipeline Mechanic

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:08 PM

First of all, this looks like an extremely helpful site and I appreciate your taking the time to read this post.

We live in our custom 5th wheel most of the year due to work and we move about 3 times a year.

Our last move has been to central IL and we just had a tech out for our latest install.

We now have a 18" round dish and a 72.5 dish to get locals, they are routed through a Zinwell WB-68 6x8 multiswitch
(they replaced my oval with the 18") we are using the HR22 receiver.

I read the PDF on proper wiring of the WB-68 and that is not how it is hooked up.

It shows the 18" on 18v and 13v and the 72.5 on Flexport 1, if I hook it up like this it gets no signal,
if I hook up the "extra" from the 72.5 to the 18v, 22hz I get signal and can watch local channels.

But no matter what I do after repeatedly running setup I can NOT get any signal on tuner 2.

I have reset, hard booted and checked connections and I think the problem is in the Multiswitch.

Can anyone here please advise?

Thanks again!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   firefighter4evr

firefighter4evr

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

First of all, this looks like an extremely helpful site and I appreciate your taking the time to read this post.

We live in our custom 5th wheel most of the year due to work and we move about 3 times a year.

Our last move has been to central IL and we just had a tech out for our latest install.

We now have a 18" round dish and a 72.5 dish to get locals, they are routed through a Zinwell WB-68 6x8 multiswitch
(they replaced my oval with the 18") we are using the HR22 receiver.

I read the PDF on proper wiring of the WB-68 and that is not how it is hooked up.

It shows the 18" on 18v and 13v and the 72.5 on Flexport 1, if I hook it up like this it gets no signal,
if I hook up the "extra" from the 72.5 to the 18v, 22hz I get signal and can watch local channels.

But no matter what I do after repeatedly running setup I can NOT get any signal on tuner 2.

I have reset, hard booted and checked connections and I think the problem is in the Multiswitch.

Can anyone here please advise?

Thanks again!

Do you have one or two feed from the switch to your receiver??? keep in mind that unless you have a SWM setup ( witch does not sound like you do) standard receivers require one feed while DVR's require two feeds from the switch.

also, i dont think that the WB68 wil work with the 18" round dish.. they only have 2 outputs from the dish while the 18" oval have 4 outputs that the WB68 requires.....

do u still have the 18" oval dish? if so, i would use that as it have the 4 ports....

My Setup

Slimline 3-LNB Dish
WB68 Muti-Switch
Living Room: R16-300
Master Bedroom: D12-500
Kids Bedroom: D12-500

Proudly Non Comcastic since 2007

#3 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

:welcome_s

What are the model numbers for your receivers?
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#4 OFFLINE   Pipeline Mechanic

Pipeline Mechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

:welcome_s

What are the model numbers for your receivers?

MFG: 100
Model Number:R22
Software upgrade yesterday at 2:55am, 0x29b

Thanks for the big welcome!

I have the 2 coax going into the receiver from output 1 and 2 on the multiswitch and connected to the back of the receiver in the same fashion. I only have 1 receiver and it has no signal on tuner 2.

Thanks for the fast responses.

#5 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:46 PM

Since you're not getting may I suggest picking up a 4by4 switch. Will be dirt cheap on ebay and should resolve any swtich issues.
No longer doing DBS work, but missing every moment of it.

#6 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:10 PM

Do you still get signals on tuner 1 if you swap the lines? Line 1 to tuner 2, L2 to T1?

If you still get signal on tuner 1, then we can rule out everything up to the receiver.

Might just have a bad tuner in the DVR.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#7 OFFLINE   mjtville

mjtville

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

Do you still get signals on tuner 1 if you swap the lines? Line 1 to tuner 2, L2 to T1?

If you still get signal on tuner 1, then we can rule out everything up to the receiver.

Might just have a bad tuner in the DVR.

I second that!
PS You need the Zinwell for flexport (72.5)

#8 OFFLINE   Pipeline Mechanic

Pipeline Mechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

After the third time of swapping the input lines between 1 and 2 it suddenly started working! I done it while looking at the transponder screen FWIW.

Thanks again for the insight!

I can talk anyone through diesel repair and can't figure out a simple sat system!

#9 OFFLINE   bsprague

bsprague

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

After the third time of swapping the input lines between 1 and 2 it suddenly started working! I done it while looking at the transponder screen FWIW.

Thanks again for the insight!

I can talk anyone through diesel repair and can't figure out a simple sat system!

Off thread, but I use a Cummins to transport one of my receivers around. I could have used your help a couple months ago when it took a Cummins shop six hours to figure out I needed a new fuel filter!

Bill, a DirecTV customer since 1999
--Condo: Slimline AU9, HR21-100 > Panasonic 42” Plasma with Bose CineMate, HR24-200> Sony KDL-55HX800 LED & 3D with Sony Soundbar HT-CT150, Wii
--Motorhome: 2004 40' Beaver, ISC 350 Cummins, KVH R5 - in motion, R15-500 > 30" Sharp Aquos LCD

#10 OFFLINE   clb4g9

clb4g9

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:34 PM

Also, i don't know about what your location is because it says you move around quite a bit, but you might want to check to see if you can now get your locals in HD, as I was in a 72.5 market and recently got rid of that dish because my locals switched to the 99 satellite. It would allow you to switch from the two dishes to a one-dish solution, and would eliminate the need for any multiswitch (if you use less than 4 tuners). Plus, the best part is with the switch to the new equipment, it is an upgrade on D*'s part and they would upgrade your equipment to the new MPEG-4 stuff w/no new programming commitment for free (They're going to have to upgrade you sooner or later when they deactivate the 72.5 satellite).

spam firewall