Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

East Arc for Se Ky?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bbates23

bbates23

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:12 PM

Im new to the site and new to satellite. I was scheduled to get my dish network hooked up . I picked the turbo gold hd and all the movie channels pretty much everythign HD i could get i picked...But due to where i live i had no signal for HD so the tech told me i would have to wait and get on the East Arc when it comes avaidable..So i called Dish they told me it was up and ready here and the techs supervisor calls and tells me its not ready here and want be until around the first of December and said they didnt even have the dish 1000 or something yet...Does anyone know anything about this seems like im getting the run around ....Dish tells me one thing then the Techs tell me another.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

The dish used for the Eastern Arc is the 1000.4 and is not yet available in several areas. This dish was introduced only a few months ago.

#3 OFFLINE   bbates23

bbates23

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

Yeh. Ah hopefully they will get this up and going. He told me he scheduled me for Dec.2 if they get it up and goin by then...Dish is calling me everyday saying we will schedule you for this or that date but like the guy told me want do no good to hook up anything cause it will show no signal .

#4 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

Ah, for the days when you could buy and install your own dish.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...