Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV adding Adult Oriented Ads to Guide?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   seltech

seltech

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:39 AM

I didn't see anyone notice, but the description for League of Extraordinary Gentleman is definitely wrong. Maybe something funking is going on with your receiver? Or could be just screwy guide data.

I agree that if you block something it shouldn't show up in the guide, regardless if a channel is added to that blocked range. Although if this is the biggest worry you've had this week. Id say your still having a pretty good week compared to most :grin:

*edit* just noticed curts explaination.
H21-200 HDMI @ 1080
AU-9 slimline 3 LNB
Sony Bravia S 46"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach, FL

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

I checked my HD DVR's last night and this channel didn't show up in the guide.
Glory, Glory Man United

My setup with pictures

#83 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:21 AM

I didn't see anyone notice, but the description for League of Extraordinary Gentleman is definitely wrong. Maybe something funking is going on with your receiver? Or could be just screwy guide data.

I agree that if you block something it shouldn't show up in the guide, regardless if a channel is added to that blocked range. Although if this is the biggest worry you've had this week. Id say your still having a pretty good week compared to most :grin:

*edit* just noticed curts explaination.

Go back and read the title of the show again...the description is correct. It's the documentary called "A League of Ordinary Gentlemen". It's about the pro bowlers tour which went from big money and big TV ratings in the 60s and 70s to almost nothing.

#84 OFFLINE   BattleScott

BattleScott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:05 PM

Is that really called for? Not everyone has the same interests. The great thing about this board is that people are free to express opinions and report issues without fear of being ridiculed for their programming tastes. Grow up.

Well thank god this got resolved. I'd hate to think that there were any kids with permanent emotional scars over a few words on a channel quide.

Apparently Post #1 only applies if it something that interests you?
HR24-500 / AM-21 / WGA54AG
42" Pannasonic Plasma
HR22-100 / 26" LG LCD
Slimline 5-LNB

#85 OFFLINE   Malibu13

Malibu13

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:21 PM

And the mud slinging stops here. :(

#86 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,832 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

Agreed.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

spam firewall