Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Roger Clemens gets his 300th Career Win

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 08:20 PM

The Rocket Man Roger Clemens got his 300th Career Win tonight and also got his 4,000 Strikeout against Edgar Renteria of the St. Louis Cardinals. Way to go Rocket!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 11:03 PM

I have his 1992 Fleer inserted autographed card limited to just a few thousand. It is not certified but know its his real autograph because my friend pulled it out of a pack. I wonder how one can get it certified. I know they could figure out a way to put it under a microscope or something and compare signatures and so forth and figure that out somehow I would hope.

#3 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 06:44 AM

Congrats!

Too bad he is a Yankee. I am happy for him!

I feel old tho, I remember him when he pitched in Jr College, that was over 20 years ago! :D
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

#4 OFFLINE   Maniacal1

Maniacal1

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 07:21 AM

Congratulations, Rog!

I guess this is as good a time as any to tell you about my criminal past. I once participated in the mugging of Roger Clemens.

I was in a cab in Cleveland with Roger's best friend. We were on our way to dinner. In fact, we had called Roger before we left to see if he wanted to join us. A few blocks from the hotel, we spotted Roger walking down the street, carrying a pizza.

We asked the cab driver to pull over, and we got out of the cab and swiped Roger's pizza. Then we ran back into the cab and drove around the block. When we came back, we asked Roger to join us for dinner.

For a moment, I think the cab driver thought he was an accomplice to the Cleveland pizza thieves. But he did get a free pizza for his role in the crime.

#5 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 07:25 PM

Wow.....thanks for sharing that with us. :righton:
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...