Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Turbo HD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   filovirus

filovirus

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:22 AM

Currently have DVR advantage and thought about switching to Turbo HD. Seems like we only watch a few SD channels and I think I can use iTunes/internet/DVD to fill in the loss. Hopefully this change will save some money without missing what my family watches from day to day. Hard to believe we spend so much per month on the TV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

You will not be able to switch to any HD only package until Feb 2009. You can lower your AT package for the time being, but be aware that your rate will still be increased by one dvr fee and you could lose a couple of your HD channels due to them not being in your new AT package.

#3 OFFLINE   TechnoCat

TechnoCat

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

You will not be able to switch to any HD only package until Feb 2009.

The Dish website says,

New, first-time DISH Network customers are eligible for great 100% HD packages starting at only $24.99/mo – that’s over 40 high-def channels at one low price.

So I can't remove my SD, but a new customer could simply not subscribe to it to begin with?

#4 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

Yep.

#5 OFFLINE   Borgie

Borgie

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

You will not be able to switch to any HD only package until Feb 2009. You can lower your AT package for the time being, but be aware that your rate will still be increased by one dvr fee and you could lose a couple of your HD channels due to them not being in your new AT package.

You can if you try hard enough. I did. A guy I work with did. I previously had HD absolute, he previously had AT200 and no HD. We both now have Turbo HD Gold.

#6 OFFLINE   HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:58 PM

Me too!!!!
DirecTV HR34 - 3 HR25's
Panny 42PX77U - Slingbox Pro
tgif: let's RV

spam firewall