Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The New XM Channel Line Up

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:50 PM

Leaked to Orbitcast, prettty much exactly what has already been posted, a few of the channel logos are a little different.

http://www.orbitcast...XM_LINEUP-1.pdf
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:04 PM

59 Little Steven’s Garage Rock

If this is the former Underground Garage :D ;) :) :hurah: :grin: :P :joy: :welcome_s :goodjob: :gott: :listening :welcome: :icon_cool
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#3 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

So, does anyone know when these changes are taking affect?

#4 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:25 PM

Never mind. It looks like it is going to be tomorrow. :D

#5 OFFLINE   bsprague

bsprague

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:28 PM

So, does anyone know when these changes are taking affect?

In the very fine print at the bottom right corner of the channel guide it says "Lineup Effective November 12,2008"

Bill, a DirecTV customer since 1999
--Condo: Slimline AU9, HR21-100 > Panasonic 42” Plasma with Bose CineMate, HR24-200> Sony KDL-55HX800 LED & 3D with Sony Soundbar HT-CT150, Wii
--Motorhome: 2004 40' Beaver, ISC 350 Cummins, KVH R5 - in motion, R15-500 > 30" Sharp Aquos LCD

#6 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:37 PM

What really worries me is the lack of xL denotations in the Rock category. I hope Octane, Alt Nation and when it comes back if the rumor is true, Bone Yard that these aren't cut up garbage. Censorship is one of the things I hate about FM radio the most, uncut rock is why I got satellite radio in the first place. And for the millionth time, the one artist payola channels need to go.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Down With Verizon!

#7 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:41 PM

What really worries me is the lack of xL denotations in the Rock category. I hope Octane, Alt Nation and when it comes back if the rumor is true, Bone Yard that these aren't cut up garbage. Censorship is one of the things I hate about FM radio the most, uncut rock is why I got satellite radio in the first place. And for the millionth time, the one artist payola channels need to go.

I have Sirius now and those stations do not cut out the cuss words in songs. I hope that helps relieves your worries. :)

#8 OFFLINE   syphix

syphix

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:47 PM

Remember: SIRIUS does use the "xL" notation on explicit channels...perhaps the "new" XM won't either.
Nathan
setup:
- 50" Plasma 1080p HDTV (Samsung PN50A760), 46" LCD 1080p HDTV (Samsung LN-T4665F), 32" LCD 720p HDTV (Insignia). 1 Hopper, 2 Joeys.

#9 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:51 PM

I have Sirius as well, I know those channels are uncut, but I have little to no faith in Melvin doing right by subscribers. It would not surprise me to see the channels cut up, nothing Melvin does will surprise me, just further disappoint me.
Down With Verizon!

#10 OFFLINE   bsprague

bsprague

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:53 PM

Leaked to Orbitcast, prettty much exactly what has already been posted, a few of the channel logos are a little different.

http://www.orbitcast...XM_LINEUP-1.pdf

If you compare today's channel guide http://www.xmradio.c...annel_guide.pdf to tomorrows there are many differences. One I like is that there will be 2 more "XL" comedy channels: Blue Collar Comedy and "Foxhole".

There is also an "XL" Cosmo Channel! What is that about? An Elvis channel?

Many logos change suggesting that if the programmers at Sirius thought they had a similar content to an XM channel, the XM was dropped. A few examples are 12, 26 and 49.

--Condo: Slimline AU9, HR21-100 > Panasonic 42” Plasma with Bose CineMate, HR24-200> Sony KDL-55HX800 LED & 3D with Sony Soundbar HT-CT150, Wii
--Motorhome: 2004 40' Beaver, ISC 350 Cummins, KVH R5 - in motion, R15-500 > 30" Sharp Aquos LCD

#11 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

Remember: SIRIUS does use the "xL" notation on explicit channels...perhaps the "new" XM won't either.

Take another look at the line up. Faction, Shade 45, Howard 100, Howard 101, Blue Collar Comedy, The Foxxhole, Raw Dog, Playboy Radio, and Cosmo Radio are all Sirius channel that have the xL notation on the XM channel line up. Hopefully this is just an oversight on Octane and Alt Nation, not Melvin screwing with subscribers.
Down With Verizon!

#12 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

Why would you call that an XM Line up? It is a Sirius Line up. I read a poster on another Forum who said all "Sirius wanted was XM's sports and money. And now that they have that they don't give a Sh*t (his word not mine) about XM". Well I wasn't aware that XM had any money, but Sirius sure got the sports and completely ruined XM's music stations :raspberry And oh BTW Steve you will be happy to know since there is no more XM and I no longer am a sub. of Sat. radio this will be my last post here. And I still hope Mel and Sirius goes under quickly. They deserve it and I for one happen to like seeing people and companies get what they so richly deserve :evilgrin:

#13 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:01 PM

If you compare today's channel guide http://www.xmradio.c...annel_guide.pdf to tomorrows there are many differences. One I like is that there will be 2 more "XL" comedy channels: Blue Collar Comedy and "Foxhole".

There is also an "XL" Cosmo Channel! What is that about? An Elvis channel?

Many logos change suggesting that if the programmers at Sirius thought they had a similar content to an XM channel, the XM was dropped. A few examples are 12, 26 and 49.

Foxxhole and Cosmo Radio both suck IMO. Cosmo Radio is just a womens gossip channel. The Foxxhole is pretty lame, I never found it that funny. Sirius has an agreement with Graceland, so Elvis Radio was born. It was the first of many one artist channels. And Channel 12, Outlaw Country is NOTHING like X Country. Hopefully the new Outlaw Country will be programmed a little different then it is now.
Down With Verizon!

#14 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

I see tons of changes there. Many may be subtle (or maybe not, only listening over time will tell), but more channels appear different than the same. Even the talk and sports lineups have many changes.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#15 OFFLINE   bsprague

bsprague

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

I'm an early XM adopter and have grown to like the music progaming. When my wife bought a Ford it came with 90 days of Sirius. I never could find an equivalant to 26. In general, my habits were fixed and I never liked Sirius as well.

We dropped Sirius and waited for the merger. We wanted the price of one account with two radios. They want us to have two accounts.

I was in favor of the merger. Now I'm not and won't be until I can have two radios on one account.

#16 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:11 PM

Why would you call that an XM Line up? It is a Sirius Line up. I read a poster on another Forum who said all "Sirius wanted was XM's sports and money. And now that they have that they don't give a Sh*t * (his word not mine) about XM". Well I wasn't aware that XM had any money, but Sirius sure got the sports and completely ruined XM's music stations :raspberry

I have both XM and Sirius and I think Sirius music is a lot better than XM.

#17 OFFLINE   archer75

archer75

Godfather

• Registered
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:16 PM

I agree. Sirius music programming is FAR better. With XM i'm feeling like i'm listen to a playlist setup by a machine. With Sirius you get news and info about the songs you are listening too. Artists in the studios as guests or hosting. Just much better all around.

#18 OFFLINE   Fab55

Fab55

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

I'm an early XM adopter and have grown to like the music progaming. When my wife bought a Ford it came with 90 days of Sirius. I never could find an equivalant to 26. In general, my habits were fixed and I never liked Sirius as well.

We dropped Sirius and waited for the merger. We wanted the price of one account with two radios. They want us to have two accounts.

I was in favor of the merger. Now I'm not and won't be until I can have two radios on one account.

I absolutely agree. Bought a Dodge that came with Sirius. No comparisons IMO to XM 26 & XM 54, Lucy, both of which are dead tomorrow. We are NOT continuing our Sirius when the free year is up.

#19 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

I have both as well, and I could not disagreee more. Sirius has little to no depth. It's basically FM with no commercials. And Srius repeats more.
Down With Verizon!

#20 OFFLINE   poonjahb

poonjahb

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

Now I'm depressed... No Squizz. I wonder how close Alt Nation will be to it. XM48 is the channel that my radio is on about 90% of the time.

spam firewall