Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The New XM Channel Line Up

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   hahler2

hahler2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

I'm with you guys. At first I was excited about the merger because it gave me NFL on my satrad. Now however, they are killing the 3 stations I listen to the most. 26, 48, and 54. And I've listened to Sirius before. There is no equivalent to 26 or 54, and Octane blows compared to Squizz.

If it weren't for the fact that there is nothing in my area for rock stations I would be dropping my subscription tomorrow.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   curbside

curbside

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

I don't see 82 The System or 83 Chrome on there :(
DirecTV since June 1996
HR24-500, HR24-200, 2 x H24-700 with WHDVR

#23 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

Good to see BBC Radio 1 on XM. I had Sirius and used to listen to that.

#24 OFFLINE   squarej

squarej

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:50 PM

X-Country is gone, I wonder if they keep the midnight call in all request show or if they ditched that too.
This may suck more than the stock price.

jamie

#25 OFFLINE   gator1234

gator1234

AllStar

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

I am confused. Is this the new lineup for XM subscribers and Sirus subscribers?

As an example does XM pick up the Elvis channel; Margaritaville channel?
I have XM.

#26 OFFLINE   mhaines1

mhaines1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

I have been an XM subscriber almost since they have been in existence. I have received no word of any of these changes. And if they take away Flight 26 for everyone I am going to be really hacked off. Shouldn't they notify their current customers before changing everything? I only found out about the changes through this forum. Are the changes just for existing Sirius customers or for everyone?:confused:
------------------------
DirecTV since November 2007

5LNB dish hooked to SWM8

HR21-700 w/AM21 hooked to Vizio GV42LF (Family Room)
R15-200 hooked to Samsung 27" CRT (Master Bedroom)
D12-100 hooked to 9" Deawoo CRT (Guest Room)

#27 OFFLINE   joebbaseball

joebbaseball

Legend

• Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:25 PM

I have XM.

I know, this is supposed to happen tomorrow and I have no idea if this affects sirius at all.
Joe

#28 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:48 PM

This may suck more than the stock price.

That's impossible. ;)
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#29 OFFLINE   Chuck W

Chuck W

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:08 PM

I have both as well, and I could not disagreee more. Sirius has little to no depth. It's basically FM with no commercials. And Srius repeats more.

While I like Sirius better for the tracks they play(we have both XM and Sirius currently), I completely agree with the repeats of not just songs but artists. Sirius needs to expand their playlists badly.

#30 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

I have XM.

That is what the XM line up will look like in a few hours. No word on the Sirius line up yet.

I have been an XM subscriber almost since they have been in existence. I have received no word of any of these changes. And if they take away Flight 26 for everyone I am going to be really hacked off. Shouldn't they notify their current customers before changing everything? I only found out about the changes through this forum. Are the changes just for existing Sirius customers or for everyone?:confused:

This line up is effective for all current and future XM subscribers.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#31 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

I don't see 82 The System or 83 Chrome on there :(

Area on channel 80 has replaced The System. The System was never mentioned as part of the merger as it (along with UPop) is operated by WorldSpace Satellite Radio. And the way things look, WorldSpace might not be around much longer. I never listened to Area 33 much on Sirius, but I'll miss Zoltar on The System. Satellite radio needs more people like him behind the mic.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Down With Verizon!

#32 OFFLINE   ruffledrooster

ruffledrooster

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

I'm a little disappointed to see 48 Squizz go, that was probably my favorite station of all time. I also do listen to a little rap/hip hop, so I was glad to see the sirius stations take over there...raw was starting to get annoying. I have listened to Octane off my dish subscription and I haven't been very impressed. Hopefully they combine some of the 'features' of Squizz.
AE+Gold HD w/Locals

VIP 722 on a Vizio 42" LCD
VIP 622 on a Sony 42" LCD Projection
VIP 211 on a Samsung 43" DLP
VIP 211 on a Olevia 32" LCD

DB-4 OTA Antenna
PS3 40Gig

#33 OFFLINE   sraider

sraider

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:17 PM

Now I'm depressed... No Squizz. I wonder how close Alt Nation will be to it. XM48 is the channel that my radio is on about 90% of the time.

I know what you mean. Squizz was the only channel I listened to.
at9 dish; wb68; 1 - HR10-250; 6 - HR20-700; OTA; networked (hardwired) 1.5meg down\ 1.2 up

#34 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:25 PM

It appears as if they've dropped the music channels that had commercials (21 & 22 come to mind right off) and are going back to 100% commercial free music...
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

#35 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:30 PM

Lower right hand side under 'More Music Channels'. All five Clear Channel operated music channels are still a part of the line up.
Down With Verizon!

#36 OFFLINE   xzi

xzi

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:44 PM

Squizz appears to be more of a name change. Bodhi is the program director, and rumor is he's staying with Octane. Let's hope.

Also, I emailed Bodhi about the XL being dropped from Squizz (it happened 2 months ago actually, not today) and my understanding is the XL has more to do with the DJs using bad language. Since the change, the music has not changed, and hopefully that remains.

By them dropping the XL from the channel, they are able to include it in the new "Family Friendly" a-la-carte packages, and hopefully that was their ONLY motivation in making this change, and the music remains uncensored.

#37 OFFLINE   xzi

xzi

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:46 PM

I know what you mean. Squizz was the only channel I listened to.

Alt Nation = Ethel, and according to Ethel's MySpace page, those DJs from XM remain, including Cane.

Octane = Squizz, and as I said above, if Bodhi stays I'll be more comfortable with this change, as Octane is not quite the same as Squizz--they tend to put the better stuff on Hard Attack. Well, Hard Attack is gone for Liquid Metal, so I think that is good news for Squizz fans!

#38 OFFLINE   mopzo

mopzo

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

I agree. Sirius music programming is FAR better. With XM i'm feeling like i'm listen to a playlist setup by a machine. With Sirius you get news and info about the songs you are listening too. Artists in the studios as guests or hosting. Just much better all around.

Disagree. Sirus needs to expand it's playlist. I don't care about news and info on songs. I want music, nothing but music. If I want talk I'll listen to FM.
Hitachi 51SWX20B w/HR20-100. LG 37LG50 w/HR22-100 and AM-21. Verizon FiOS w/Actiontec Router, Linksys PowerLine AV Network, Playstation 3, Wii, Dell XPS M1340, XM/Sirrus Satellite Radio, iPhone

#39 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

it looks like the channel changes are going to happen @ midnight :D
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

#40 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

Lower right hand side under 'More Music Channels'. All five Clear Channel operated music channels are still a part of the line up.

Yeah... Just saw that... Oh well.... :(

Wonder when that contract is up...
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

spam firewall