Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The New XM Channel Line Up

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   richall01

richall01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:26 PM

I am confused. Is this the new lineup for XM subscribers and Sirus subscribers?

As an example does XM pick up the Elvis channel; Margaritaville channel?
I have XM.

Also will Directv carry Margaritaville ?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

As much as I'd like to see the Clear Channel stations gone, I would really miss some of the talk, especially Fox Sports and some of the programming on Talk Radio and America's Talk.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#43 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:10 AM

So the update has come through. I like the new programing line up. Better music IMHO. I signed up for the sirus extra pack but for some reason its not showing up on my radio. Ahh well ill wait till morn and give it a reset if its still not there.

#44 OFFLINE   Larry_Rymal

Larry_Rymal

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:04 AM

I don't see 82 The System or 83 Chrome on there :(

I'm missing two favorites as well. TOP TRACKS is gone (I think) and Audiovisions. Guess everyone took a bit of a hit.

#45 OFFLINE   chuckaluck

chuckaluck

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:52 AM

I just committed to a three year xm deal a couple of weeks ago. While I probably would have done so anyway because of the sports, it would have been nice if they had told me that there would be so many changes to the music lineup. Hopefully the "rock" and "pop" stations aren't too different.

#46 OFFLINE   NYSmoker

NYSmoker

Icon

• Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:48 AM

I'm missing two favorites as well. TOP TRACKS is gone (I think) and Audiovisions. Guess everyone took a bit of a hit.

Top Tracks is a name change, now Classic Vinyl I believe. My presets stayed and only channel names have changed.
HR21-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 42" LCD
HR20-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 26" LCD .

#47 OFFLINE   mjones73

mjones73

Icon

• Registered
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:56 AM

I see the Sirius line up changed also and a couple of my favs are gone. Anyone have a line up yet? I can't get to sirius.com from work.

#48 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:02 AM

I know I have heard a few references to channels like "BPM, on Sirius xx and XM81". I just did not remember what they said for the Sirius number, but it does look like many of teh changes are on both channels.

Of the 12 presets I have on my car, 3 are to channels that are totally gone, 3or 4 are channels that moved and 3 or so are to channels that have changed names (and probably changes in playlist) but stayed in the same place. TH eonly one I know that stayed more or less the same is BPM81.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#49 OFFLINE   Matman

Matman

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:06 AM

Was listening to XM 54 today (Was Lucy, now is Lithium) aside from the name and the bumps inbetween songs, nothing seems to have changed. Did't get a chance to listen to anything else, my wife took over once she saw XM35 is online and is Xmas music......
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
~Leonardo da Vinci

#50 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:16 AM

I know I have heard a few references to channels like "BPM, on Sirius xx and XM81". I just did not remember what they said for the Sirius number, but it does look like many of teh changes are on both channels.

Of the 12 presets I have on my car, 3 are to channels that are totally gone, 3or 4 are channels that moved and 3 or so are to channels that have changed names (and probably changes in playlist) but stayed in the same place. TH eonly one I know that stayed more or less the same is BPM81.

Yeap, The Beat is gone on Sirius. I was just driving along and then I realized that they were not playing the "right" songs on 36. :(

I don't like what I hear. So if nothing changes I'll be gone by the time the subscription is up for renewal. I'll give Slacker.com a try.
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#51 OFFLINE   Bathel

Bathel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:17 AM

Leaked to Orbitcast, prettty much exactly what has already been posted, a few of the channel logos are a little different.

http://www.orbitcast...XM_LINEUP-1.pdf

Finally, 1stWave comes to XM. I hope it's the same as the Sirius 1stWave. :)

#52 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:22 AM

I see the Sirius line up changed also and a couple of my favs are gone. Anyone have a line up yet? I can't get to sirius.com from work.

Here is the new Sirius lineup:

Sirius Lineup

Hopefully you can get it here. :)

#53 OFFLINE   mjones73

mjones73

Icon

• Registered
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:34 AM

Thank you, looks like I'll be canceling, they took away Boombox and Backspin...

#54 OFFLINE   BoB3K

BoB3K

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:17 AM

Regardless of what channels came or went or whatever, it really is BULLSH*T that they just pulled this out without giving the subscribers any warning. I could have sworn that during all the merger talk both sides repeatedly stated that no one need worry about losing their favorite channels.

Of the 4 presets we had on our car, all 4 are changed or gone. Although, it sounds like some channels have just been renamed.

I'm going to give the new channels a try, but I think if anyone wants to cancel, they shouldn't wait until their subscription runs out, they should call and cancel and demand their money back pro-rated because they were sold a product/service that was then switched out from under them.

#55 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,617 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:24 AM

I was wondering what was happening last night. I hadn't logged on yesterday. My MyFi went silent and had "loading" on the screen. I hope the keep the "Wash Cycle" on the Blues channel.

#56 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:27 AM

Here is a side by side channel change chart from XM
http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/lineup.xmc
and the Sirius version
http://www.sirius.com/newlineup

It looks like they have the XM decades channels for both systems

#57 OFFLINE   chuck1996

chuck1996

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:33 AM

Apparently they have just cancelled The Virus outright! we are now just completely cut off from Opie and Anthony as well as Ron and Fez??

#58 OFFLINE   chuck1996

chuck1996

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

Apparently they have just cancelled The Virus outright! we are now just completely cut off from Opie and Anthony as well as Ron and Fez??

I should have been more specific. The loss of The Virus channel effects DirecTV. I have no idea about XM subscibers

#59 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

I'm going to give the new channels a try, but I think if anyone wants to cancel, they shouldn't wait until their subscription runs out, they should call and cancel and demand their money back pro-rated because they were sold a product/service that was then switched out from under them.

I'm going to wait because things are in flux. BPM may change to something in between what it was in XM and what The Beat was in Sirius. Who knows? I'll give them time for things to settle and for me to, maybe, learn that I enjoy the new channels
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#60 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:39 AM

O&A are alive and well, those are just the changes that have been made.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...