Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The New XM Channel Line Up

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Bathel

Bathel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:17 AM

Leaked to Orbitcast, prettty much exactly what has already been posted, a few of the channel logos are a little different.

http://www.orbitcast...XM_LINEUP-1.pdf

Finally, 1stWave comes to XM. I hope it's the same as the Sirius 1stWave. :)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:22 AM

I see the Sirius line up changed also and a couple of my favs are gone. Anyone have a line up yet? I can't get to sirius.com from work.

Here is the new Sirius lineup:

Sirius Lineup

Hopefully you can get it here. :)

#53 OFFLINE   mjones73

mjones73

Icon

• Registered
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:34 AM

Thank you, looks like I'll be canceling, they took away Boombox and Backspin...

#54 OFFLINE   BoB3K

BoB3K

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:17 AM

Regardless of what channels came or went or whatever, it really is BULLSH*T that they just pulled this out without giving the subscribers any warning. I could have sworn that during all the merger talk both sides repeatedly stated that no one need worry about losing their favorite channels.

Of the 4 presets we had on our car, all 4 are changed or gone. Although, it sounds like some channels have just been renamed.

I'm going to give the new channels a try, but I think if anyone wants to cancel, they shouldn't wait until their subscription runs out, they should call and cancel and demand their money back pro-rated because they were sold a product/service that was then switched out from under them.

#55 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,680 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:24 AM

I was wondering what was happening last night. I hadn't logged on yesterday. My MyFi went silent and had "loading" on the screen. I hope the keep the "Wash Cycle" on the Blues channel.

#56 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:27 AM

Here is a side by side channel change chart from XM
http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/lineup.xmc
and the Sirius version
http://www.sirius.com/newlineup

It looks like they have the XM decades channels for both systems

#57 OFFLINE   chuck1996

chuck1996

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:33 AM

Apparently they have just cancelled The Virus outright! we are now just completely cut off from Opie and Anthony as well as Ron and Fez??

#58 OFFLINE   chuck1996

chuck1996

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

Apparently they have just cancelled The Virus outright! we are now just completely cut off from Opie and Anthony as well as Ron and Fez??

I should have been more specific. The loss of The Virus channel effects DirecTV. I have no idea about XM subscibers

#59 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 626 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

I'm going to give the new channels a try, but I think if anyone wants to cancel, they shouldn't wait until their subscription runs out, they should call and cancel and demand their money back pro-rated because they were sold a product/service that was then switched out from under them.

I'm going to wait because things are in flux. BPM may change to something in between what it was in XM and what The Beat was in Sirius. Who knows? I'll give them time for things to settle and for me to, maybe, learn that I enjoy the new channels
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#60 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:39 AM

O&A are alive and well, those are just the changes that have been made.

#61 OFFLINE   Mavrick

Mavrick

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:41 AM

O&A are alive and well, those are just the changes that have been made.

Yup they are still there for I just checked to make sure.
5 LNB AU9 Slimline Dish and standard 18" dish pointed at 72.5 for locals
1 HR20-700
1 HR21-700
1 HR10-250
1 R16-300
2 WB68 multiswitches

#62 OFFLINE   BoB3K

BoB3K

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:01 AM

Here is a side by side channel change chart from XM
http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/lineup.xmc
and the Sirius version
http://www.sirius.com/newlineup

It looks like they have the XM decades channels for both systems

Hey thanks for that! It looks like most of my channels (all but The System, actually) have just been renamed. I don't understand why they didn't send this out to subscribers a few weeks or a month ago and avoided the slew of angry phone-calls and emails that I'm sure they're getting.

#63 OFFLINE   carlatkins

carlatkins

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:04 AM

I know it's bad when the spousal unit calls and complains that "WTF happend to Kidstuff?!"

Then next words were...what's the customer service number to Sirius?

We've never like XM (90 day trial & D*).

#64 OFFLINE   fuerion

fuerion

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:08 AM

Nearly every channel in my lineup that I listen to changed names. Before I got XM I did the free online trials of both services. In the end I liked the music channels much better on XM. So, I'm sad to see that Ethel and Squizz are gone, but hopefully that'll just be a name change. I had Sirius in a rental car, and listened to Faction a lot. So, I'm glad that was brought over. We'll see how things go.

#65 OFFLINE   BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:26 AM

Longtime dual subscriber to both Sat radio services here (4XM & 1 Sirius)....

The key is what they do with programming. There are indications that some of XM's variety is showing up in the merged channels. And I am sure that some of the deeper cuts that scared people away from XM will disappear. But if the stations have the Sirius mentality of playing a few songs over and over, I predict that a chunk of XM subscribers will cancel. Clearly there are people who either don't mind or don't notice they are hearing the same songs over and over again. But many music lovers will object if Mel turns the merged Sirius/XM into Sirius. I know I won't keep 4 subs of XM.

#66 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

squarej - X-Country is officially dead. Its replacement is a completely different genre.

Fine Tuning is gone too.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Buffet channel, which isn't all Buffet at all. It's actually very well programmed.

I have noticed that the old Sirius channels seem to have poorer audio quality than the XM hold-ons like 80's on 8. Hopefully this is just temporary.

#67 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

I know it's bad when the spousal unit calls and complains that "WTF happend to Kidstuff?!"

Then next words were...what's the customer service number to Sirius?

We've never like XM (90 day trial & D*).

Not sure what kids stuff you are talking about. But, Radio Disney channel 115 and Kids Place channel 116 are still there.

#68 OFFLINE   feets

feets

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts
  • Locationmiddle of a cornfield in IL....

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

This really sucks outlaw country 12 is not like x-country dj's are all bags of wind :mad: seems like more talk than music :nono2: more commericalized also:confused: sounds like the studio is in a tin can ....:eek2: x-country played newer music and some older classics but porter wagoner.....it sucks:( i'll give it a couple of days and if it doesn't change i'm outta here got better places to spend my time and cash;)

Genie HR44-700,2 mini clients hard wired,am 21,Genie Go......... :righton:

#69 OFFLINE   scott72

scott72

Icon

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

I absolutely agree. Bought a Dodge that came with Sirius. No comparisons IMO to XM 26 & XM 54, Lucy, both of which are dead tomorrow. We are NOT continuing our Sirius when the free year is up.

26 was my favorite as well. Definitely not happy about this at all. I called a couple weeks ago to cancel, but they offered me 3 months for the price of one month so I'm still aboard for now. This may have sealed the deal whether I continue after the 3 months or not.

#70 OFFLINE   scott72

scott72

Icon

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

Disagree. Sirus needs to expand it's playlist. I don't care about news and info on songs. I want music, nothing but music. If I want talk I'll listen to FM.

Exactly!

#71 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

EXPLETIVE !!!! I forgot that Sirius had the "VJs" from MTV as "DJs" on the 80's on 8, and "thinks" they are talent. They are the most dry mouthed bores the 80's wrought upon society. They sound dull, old and tired. This is another channel I will now skip. I like some of the changes, but this one is definitely NOT an improvement.

#72 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

Wow talk about massive disappointment. Yesterday I had 138 channels of commercial free music and probably another 50 channels of unique talk, entertainment and comedy. and now the two services are pretty much the same and half of my choices have been eliminated.

Comparing the two line ups at a glance:

Sirius Only: Sirius Hits 1, Iceberg 95, CBC Radio 3, Bandeapart, Rock Velours, Energie, ESPN Full Access, ESPN Deportes, Sirius Sports Central, Sporting News Radio, Sports Extra, Sports Express 97, Hardcore Sports Radio, OutQ, Road Dog, NPR Talk, CBC Radio One, Sirius Patriot, Sirius Left, JBC PremierPlus, RCI, EWTN Radio

Howard 100, Howard 101, Martha Stewart Living, NFL Radio, NASCAR Radio, Playboy Radio available with Best of Sirius on XM

XM Only: Top 20 On 20, The Village, The Groove, The Verge, Air Musque, La Sup Route, ESPN Xtra, Fox Sports Radio, XM Deportivo, MLB Home Plate, C-SPAN Radio, Fox Business News, Extreme Talk, America's Talk, Reach MD, Talk Radio, America Right, America Left, The Power, Radio Parallele, Canada 360, Quoi de Neuf, Open Road, National Lampoon Radio

Oprah & Friends, XM Public Radio, The Virus, NHL Come Ice, PGA Tour Newtork snd IRL available with Best of XM on Sirius.

So pretty much one service with the 'Best of' package gets you just about everything both have to offer except for differences in the French music and talk channels and a few other things. XM doesn't have the channels provided by the CBC and Sirius doesn't have the channels provided by Clear Channel. So what's the point of having a dual band radio if 95% of the content is the same.

I don't feel like doing it right now, but it looks like another one of my subscriptions goes bye bye, what's the point of paying $12.95 for XM and $12.95 for Sirius when both are the same now, I will keep my XM receiver active since the only one I have active yet is built into my Sony HT receiver and I'll add Best of Sirius to that, until I get fed up and cancel for good

So I'm paying $18 for radio now instead of $50, they're losing a lot money on me. Looking at the comments on Orbitcast, most people aren't too thrilled. I cannot believe how awful all of this turned out. I hope all the fools who we're in favor of the merger are happy with what they have and will continue to drink the pro merger Kool Aid for many years to come, or until the company goes under. I also cannot believe how poorly executed all of this was.

To sum it up, this is BS.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#73 OFFLINE   carlatkins

carlatkins

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

Not sure what kids stuff you are talking about. But, Radio Disney channel 115 and Kids Place channel 116 are still there.

116 *used* to be called Kids Stuff on Sirius. Whatever new programming algorithm they put in place on the new Kids Place sucks. :(

#74 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

i want my CHROME back

#75 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

Anybody have the e-mail address for the XM/Siri director of programming (music)?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...