Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The New XM Channel Line Up

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#126 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:54 PM

Listened to the SEC today on my way back to Ga from Va:

Channel: 199-SEC
Category: Religion

Before the merger, category was Sports. Frankly, for those who follow the SEC, "Religion" really is a correct category!

Believe me IMHO I think fans that follow ANY Conference would agree with that :lol:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#127 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

Well, according to my daughter, "The Pulse" has gotten a rating of 'good' from her - we were driving around and I told her about the channels changes and then asked her to critique Ex-Flight-26. At least for the while we were driving around, she liked it..

#128 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:54 PM

Well, according to my daughter, "The Pulse" has gotten a rating of 'good' from her - we were driving around and I told her about the channels changes and then asked her to critique Ex-Flight-26. At least for the while we were driving around, she liked it..

Gee I wish all the stations that were joined could have gone as well as Flight26/The Pulse. It has really held up well. But I guess when you think about it the station does have probably the easiest format from the 90's up to the present to work with.

#129 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:27 AM

Boy - the AM drive jock on '70s is horrible. Is he a SIRI guy?

#130 OFFLINE   Scott in FL

Scott in FL

Godfather

• Registered
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:04 AM

I hope she still feels that way in another month. We switched from XM to Sirius back in March and one of the channels I missed the most was Flight 26. Everyone seemed to like Flight 26: my wife, my son in law, my daughter, me... So with Sirius I tried to find a similar station. We gave the Pulse a try but after a week it was gone from our presets. Just didn't like it at all.

So along comes the merger and I'm hoping Flight 26 remains. Needless to say I'm sorry it's gone. I guess I should give the Pulse another try. Maybe it's better now, but back in March I didn't like it at all.

#131 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

I hope she still feels that way in another month. We switched from XM to Sirius back in March and one of the channels I missed the most was Flight 26. Everyone seemed to like Flight 26: my wife, my son in law, my daughter, me... So with Sirius I tried to find a similar station. We gave the Pulse a try but after a week it was gone from our presets. Just didn't like it at all.

So along comes the merger and I'm hoping Flight 26 remains. Needless to say I'm sorry it's gone. I guess I should give the Pulse another try. Maybe it's better now, but back in March I didn't like it at all.

Well back in March The Pulse was just Sirius only. Now it is joined with XM Flight 26. And IMHO I think they joined together very well. I have XM on DirecTV so I listened to it after the two stations were merged to see what it sounded like. I had cancelled my XM Sub. I dropped them because of the lost of Flight 26, but The Pulse sounded fine to me so I'm an XM sub again.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...