Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The New XM Channel Line Up

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   neuronbob

neuronbob

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:54 PM

No more channel 65 on XM. :down:

I noticed that in my car on the 12th. BOOOOOOOOO! I can't stand modern rap and loved the old, pre-gangsta stuff. :(

This XM sub (one of the 1st 100k) doesn't appreciate the lack of notice prior to the channel changes. All I knew was that 1/2 my presets in my cars stopped working. I guess now that there's only one satellite company they don't have to care about customer service.

If this keeps up, I won't be renewing....I've always got my iPod!

Very unhappy...
DirecTV customer since 1996
Current equipment: Slimline 3 with SL3K4NR0-01 LNB
HR20/700 to Philips 52PFL5704D/F7
H24 to Samsung HL-T5076
H24 to Samsung TXM3096
Whole Home Viewing via SWM-8

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   love that tv

love that tv

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:21 AM

I noticed that in my car on the 12th. BOOOOOOOOO! I can't stand modern rap and loved the old, pre-gangsta stuff. :(

This XM sub (one of the 1st 100k) doesn't appreciate the lack of notice prior to the channel changes. All I knew was that 1/2 my presets in my cars stopped working. I guess now that there's only one satellite company they don't have to care about customer service.

If this keeps up, I won't be renewing....I've always got my iPod!

Very unhappy...

i agree 100%, already sent out an email complaining. For those who enjoy rock, and its 21 stations, you shouldn't have noticed any difference. backspin was my favorite channel, and one of kind. now if i want ol school hip-hop, i have to tune into shade45 at 3am. that sucks!

E-Mail:

CEO Mel Karmazin - mkarmazin@siriusradio.com
James E. Meyes President, Operations and Sales - jmeyer@siriusradio.com
Scott Greenstein President, Entertainment and Sports - sgreenstein@siriusradio.com
And Address and Phone Numbers

1221 Avenue of the Americas, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10020
Phone: (212) 584-5100
Fax: (212) 584-5200

#123 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:30 AM

Why would I care? You're free to subscribe to whatever you want. I just find it hypocritical that a week ago you wished the company out of business and now your ecstatic about a station who's format can be found in any FM market in the country. The AC/Modern Pop Hits/Work Day format can be heard anywhere, we have four of them on FM in Buffalo. Alternative Country and Nu Jazz can't.

Thanks Steve glad to hear from you :) I wished them out of business because I thought they had ruined my favorite station, but somehow they have managed not to--so far at least. And may be in New York you can get an FM station that is like The Pulse (Flight 26), but where I live I can't! If I could have, why would I have gone back to paying Sirius XM?
Especially when I hate Mel and what he did to XM, but I found I didn't have a choice. The stations where I live are awful when it comes to the music I like. Country music is King where I live so may be the Country stations are good, but I don't listen to them because I don't like enough Country music myself. And I got tired of playing CD's in my car so back I went to Sirius XM with my tail tucked firmly between my legs. Believe me I didn't want to go back and give Mel any money, but I realized that I had to :( But I still think Sirius XM will go under because they have too much going against them and then they didn't help themselves any by the surprise station changes. Subs should have been told BEFORE the changes happened.

#124 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

It's not as bad as I thought it'd be, although the audio quality needs some work.

And, I've heard from an insider that "IT" will be back. My favorite thing about XM, IT plays every song that charted from 1940 thru today. It's a fantastic radio event.

#125 OFFLINE   cweave02

cweave02

W4SKO

• Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

Listened to the SEC today on my way back to Ga from Va:

Channel: 199-SEC
Category: Religion

Before the merger, category was Sports. Frankly, for those who follow the SEC, "Religion" really is a correct category!

Football - Religion -web.jpg
HR21-100, Samsung HLT-5076S (HDMI)
HR21-100, Samsung LN-S4096
H20-700 (x2 in Virginia)

Go TRIBE!

#126 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:54 PM

Listened to the SEC today on my way back to Ga from Va:

Channel: 199-SEC
Category: Religion

Before the merger, category was Sports. Frankly, for those who follow the SEC, "Religion" really is a correct category!

Believe me IMHO I think fans that follow ANY Conference would agree with that :lol:

#127 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,198 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

Well, according to my daughter, "The Pulse" has gotten a rating of 'good' from her - we were driving around and I told her about the channels changes and then asked her to critique Ex-Flight-26. At least for the while we were driving around, she liked it..

#128 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:54 PM

Well, according to my daughter, "The Pulse" has gotten a rating of 'good' from her - we were driving around and I told her about the channels changes and then asked her to critique Ex-Flight-26. At least for the while we were driving around, she liked it..

Gee I wish all the stations that were joined could have gone as well as Flight26/The Pulse. It has really held up well. But I guess when you think about it the station does have probably the easiest format from the 90's up to the present to work with.

#129 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:27 AM

Boy - the AM drive jock on '70s is horrible. Is he a SIRI guy?

#130 OFFLINE   Scott in FL

Scott in FL

Godfather

• Registered
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:04 AM

I hope she still feels that way in another month. We switched from XM to Sirius back in March and one of the channels I missed the most was Flight 26. Everyone seemed to like Flight 26: my wife, my son in law, my daughter, me... So with Sirius I tried to find a similar station. We gave the Pulse a try but after a week it was gone from our presets. Just didn't like it at all.

So along comes the merger and I'm hoping Flight 26 remains. Needless to say I'm sorry it's gone. I guess I should give the Pulse another try. Maybe it's better now, but back in March I didn't like it at all.

#131 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

I hope she still feels that way in another month. We switched from XM to Sirius back in March and one of the channels I missed the most was Flight 26. Everyone seemed to like Flight 26: my wife, my son in law, my daughter, me... So with Sirius I tried to find a similar station. We gave the Pulse a try but after a week it was gone from our presets. Just didn't like it at all.

So along comes the merger and I'm hoping Flight 26 remains. Needless to say I'm sorry it's gone. I guess I should give the Pulse another try. Maybe it's better now, but back in March I didn't like it at all.

Well back in March The Pulse was just Sirius only. Now it is joined with XM Flight 26. And IMHO I think they joined together very well. I have XM on DirecTV so I listened to it after the two stations were merged to see what it sounded like. I had cancelled my XM Sub. I dropped them because of the lost of Flight 26, but The Pulse sounded fine to me so I'm an XM sub again.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...