Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

E mailed CEO asking for better Package Deals.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   andyin137

andyin137

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

Today 11/11/08 I emailed CEO@dishnetwork asking if they have any better package deal offerings for existing Customers .I dont know what response (If any )I will get back.I want to move out of the Dish Absolute but in order to get my Favorite channels in HD (Bio,Nat geo) I have to get the AT 250 plus HD and then I still wouldnt get all the HD I have now,although the channels available in the Platinum I could do without.
Anyway I asked the Ceo if I bought this package with DVR advantage plus HD (at 70.00 a month With the DHpp bill would be over 76.00 a month ,I asked if they couldnt give me a better price on package could they eliminate the the charge for DHpp.
Like I said I dont know what the response (If any ) will be.If I get any results I will update.
I basically told them prices are too high and I need some discounts in order to keep service after contract is up ( 3months To go),
Anyone ever tried this??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

what channels do you get now that you wouldn't with at250 plus HD?
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#3 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:31 AM

why don't you just drop the DHPP?

#4 OFFLINE   andyin137

andyin137

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:06 AM

what channels do you get now that you wouldn't with at250 plus HD?

=
Originally I would have wanted to go with AT200(with DVR advantage) but changing from Absolute to at 200 I would not get alot of channels I frequently watch now,for example BIo,NT Geo,HD movies,MGM,Universal,unfortunately I have gotten used to these channels and look forward especially ON Bio ,series about haunting and Ghost ,NT geo also has some of that also,but in order to get those I have to at least get at 250 and pay extra for the platinum channels(honestly I could live without those),But mostly with my Absolute package (all HD) I am missing out on other channels like for my Kids ,Nick,TV land,Disc Kids,.All HD sounds good at first and the price is fair but honestly feel Dish is now charging alot more than they should for all the regular Channels.Dish used to be cheaper than Cable now its kind of a Draw.

#5 OFFLINE   andyin137

andyin137

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:10 AM

why don't you just drop the DHPP?

If I am going to be paying 70.00 a month for services I dont feel I should have to pay extra for insurance on their product that you have to use in order to receive programming.If their product (receiver ,Dish,Remotes quit working they should replace for free .
But most likely I will drop DHpp. But I am kind of waiting their response (if Any)as right now my 722 HD/DVR is acting up(Hard Drive may be corrupt).

#6 OFFLINE   turey22

turey22

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:13 AM

i dont know much about dish network but this is for everyone really. why have something when you dont want to pay for it? its a service and services are made to be charged. no matter if its a high rate or not. if you dont want to pay, theres other ways to get free tv. such as rabbit ears. dont seem to be rude towards anyone but thats my opinion about things. if you want something pay for it like everyone else does.

#7 OFFLINE   turey22

turey22

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:17 AM

i also havent read every post lol

#8 OFFLINE   Taco Lover

Taco Lover

Icon

• Registered
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:04 PM

If I am going to be paying 70.00 a month for services I dont feel I should have to pay extra for insurance on their product that you have to use in order to receive programming.If their product (receiver ,Dish,Remotes quit working they should replace for free .
But most likely I will drop DHpp. But I am kind of waiting their response (if Any)as right now my 722 HD/DVR is acting up(Hard Drive may be corrupt).

While that's true, you can drop DHPP until you need it. When something happens to your equipment, add DHPP back onto your account, then call for service.

#9 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:12 PM

While that's true, you can drop DHPP until you need it. When something happens to your equipment, add DHPP back onto your account, then call for service.

The simple ways people could save money but they refuse the advice.:) :) :)

#10 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

Today 11/11/08 I emailed CEO@dishnetwork asking if they have any better package deal offerings for existing Customers .I dont know what response (If any )I will get back.I want to move out of the Dish Absolute but in order to get my Favorite channels in HD (Bio,Nat geo) I have to get the AT 250 plus HD and then I still wouldnt get all the HD I have now,although the channels available in the Platinum I could do without.
Anyway I asked the Ceo if I bought this package with DVR advantage plus HD (at 70.00 a month With the DHpp bill would be over 76.00 a month ,I asked if they couldnt give me a better price on package could they eliminate the the charge for DHpp.
Like I said I dont know what the response (If any ) will be.If I get any results I will update.
I basically told them prices are too high and I need some discounts in order to keep service after contract is up ( 3months To go),
Anyone ever tried this??

Basically you want DISH to offer "you" special prices and then you want to post them so others can lower their subscription prices. You rather than the CEO, have the knowledge to set DISH subscription rates. Some how I think you are missled.

#11 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,523 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:22 PM

I'd really like to upgrade to the AT250 with Platinum from the AT200 with Platinum and have my monthly rates drop $30.:D :rolleyes:

#12 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:56 PM

General inquiries should be directed to feedback@echostar.com . Save the ceo@ address for messes that aren't getting resolved through regular channels (CSR, feedback@, direct to installer, etc).
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#13 OFFLINE   Zero327

Zero327

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:43 PM

General inquiries should be directed to feedback@echostar.com . Save the ceo@ address for messes that aren't getting resolved through regular channels (CSR, feedback@, direct to installer, etc).

They go to the same place anyways?...
Four universal truthes:
1. All is fair in love and war.
2. Nothing is absolute but death and taxes.
3. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

4. If you think the above three things shouldn't apply to you, e-mail CEO@dishnetwork.com.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...