Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Xm Christmas Sirius Christmas?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:23 AM

I have Sirius but i have an XM radio i turn on at Christmas time just to listen to Christmas music because they always have so many Christmas channels.

can anyone say are we getting holiday traditions, holy and special X and the others?

I always could never figure out why Sirius doesnt have lots of Christmas channels. They always have a country one and a pop one and thats it.

Here is hoping we have a wonderful set of Christmas channels this year

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cumberlandredskin

cumberlandredskin

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:20 AM

I have Sirius but i have an XM radio i turn on at Christmas time just to listen to Christmas music because they always have so many Christmas channels.

can anyone say are we getting holiday traditions, holy and special X and the others?

I always could never figure out why Sirius doesnt have lots of Christmas channels. They always have a country one and a pop one and thats it.

Here is hoping we have a wonderful set of Christmas channels this year

Holly is on XM channel 35. I'm sure the others will be added around Thanksgiving. That's when they usually do anyway.

#3 OFFLINE   cb7214

cb7214

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:39 AM

Radio Hanukkah 12/21-12/31
Holiday Pops 11/24 - 12/25
Holly 11/12 - 12/31
A Bing Crosby Christmas 12/21 - 12/25

No Special X-mas
Directv Subscriber since 1999

XM Subscriber since June 2005

#4 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:03 AM

I love Special X-mas.

#5 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:42 AM

so we lose holiday traditions and several of the Christmas channels dont even show up till the week of Christmas.
Sirius sucks for Christmas

2 of our local stations are already playing Christmas music 1 non stop the other wont play 100% Christmas till thanksgiving. I love holiday traditions and special x.

#6 OFFLINE   reddice

reddice

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:05 AM

No country Christmas. I was looking forward to that.
Current Dish Network Subscriber: March 7, 2005 - Now
Current XM Radio Subscriber: November 2002 - Now
Current RoadRunner Earthlink Cable Subscriber: November 2001 - Now
I finally upgrading to HDTV.
Cats are the best pets.

#7 OFFLINE   cumberlandredskin

cumberlandredskin

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:29 PM

No Christmas Traditions. That's disappointing.

#8 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:32 PM

I love the christmas music from the 40s,50s and 60s.
Holly is a nice channel but why does Sirius have to do away with the Christmas channels to?
They already took allot of channels XM fans love.
This sucks

#9 OFFLINE   ThunderRoad

ThunderRoad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

No Christmas Traditions. That's disappointing.

From what I've heard Traditions will be back on XM only beginning November 24 on channel 36. The Village (which is only on XM) will go on hiatus to make room. I will say I'm surprised there isn't a Country Christmas channel (at least from what I've heard). That's one of the more popular formats for Christmas songs. I wouldn't doubt, though, one the Country channels (The Roadhouse), if it doesn't go all-Christmas, will sprinkle some Christmas songs in.

#10 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

well if that happens i will be digging out my XM radio and hooking it up.
I love traditions and holly both.
yes im surprised no country christmas. At least on sirius or XM one if not both.

#11 OFFLINE   ThunderRoad

ThunderRoad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:20 PM

Here's the official word on the Holiday channels....most noteworthy: Traditions WILL be back (on XM only).

SIRIUS XM Radio holiday channel lineup features:

Holly on SIRIUS channel 81 and XM channel 35 will broadcast contemporary holiday hits mixed with selected traditional favorites and will include Bruce Springsteen, Amy Grant, The Carpenters, Mannheim Steamroller and more. Holly will air through New Year's Eve, December 31.

Bing Crosby Christmas Radio on SIRIUS channel 113 and XM channel 120, a non-stop broadcast of more than twenty years of vintage Bing Crosby holiday radio specials, hosted exclusively for SIRIUS XM by the Crosby family and featuring a wide variety of Crosby's beloved music -- including his most popular recording ever, "White Christmas" -- and special guests like Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland and Bob Hope among others. Bing Crosby Christmas Radio will air beginning December 13 at 12 midnight ET to Christmas Day, December 25.

Holiday Traditions on XM channel 36 will broadcast traditional holiday recordings from the '40s through the '60s by artists including Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Ray Conniff, Nat "King" Cole and more. Holiday Traditions will air beginning Monday, November 24 at 12 midnight ET through Christmas Day, December 25.

Holiday Pops on SIRIUS channel 79 and XM channels 37 and 77 will broadcast beloved carols sung by the greatest classical musicians of all-time including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Luciano Pavarotti, Boston Pops and Leontyne Price among others. Holiday Pops will air beginning Thanksgiving Day November 27 at 12 midnight ET to Christmas Day, December 25.

Radio Hanukkah on SIRIUS channel 3 and XM channel 38 will broadcast a celebration showcasing Hanukkah music and Jewish culture. Radio Hanukkah will air beginning the first night of Hanukkah on December 21 starting at 12 midnight ET to December 29.

#12 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

Please read my merger thread. We may be getting some presents after all. Not in time for Christmas I don't think, but they may be out there later.

#13 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

No Special XMas?! Arrgh!

Satellite radio is getting to sound more and more like terrestrial, except with a subscription fee instead of commercials.

#14 OFFLINE   reddice

reddice

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:19 PM

I am glad we are getting Holiday Traditions but I really wanted my country Christmas and special xmas.
Current Dish Network Subscriber: March 7, 2005 - Now
Current XM Radio Subscriber: November 2002 - Now
Current RoadRunner Earthlink Cable Subscriber: November 2001 - Now
I finally upgrading to HDTV.
Cats are the best pets.

#15 OFFLINE   ThunderRoad

ThunderRoad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:39 PM

I kind of wonder if they didn't take the Arbitron ratings into account for which Christmas channels they offered this year. In looking at them, last year Music City Holiday only had a 1/3 of the audience that Traditions did and 1/5 of the audience Holly did....and Special Xmas only had 1/3 of the audience Music City Holiday did.

Maybe they felt they couldn't justify putting a couple of channels on hiatus for a month to make room for a couple of channels that produces a small audience. I wouldn't doubt, though, several of the other channels go all-Christmas music from like Monday, December 22 through Thursday December 25 (Christmas Day), such as Roadhouse, 40s on 4, Escape, etc.

#16 OFFLINE   dmurphy

dmurphy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:27 AM

Traditions is on in our house almost all of December ... great station; glad to see it's returning.

Hope DirecTV picks it up again .....

#17 OFFLINE   cumberlandredskin

cumberlandredskin

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:22 PM

Thanks! I just found Traditions!

#18 OFFLINE   stephen_M

stephen_M

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:40 AM

FWIW, Slacker has eleven holiday music channels.

http://news.slacker.....1y9.zde2w761fd

#19 OFFLINE   Noresults

Noresults

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:33 PM

I for one wish they could of just added Chrismas music on a new channel and left the lineup alone. I miss the Village. I was actually thinking of getting a xm receiver for the car but not now.

#20 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

I kind of wonder if they didn't take the Arbitron ratings into account for which Christmas channels they offered this year. In looking at them, last year Music City Holiday only had a 1/3 of the audience that Traditions did and 1/5 of the audience Holly did....and Special Xmas only had 1/3 of the audience Music City Holiday did.

Maybe they felt they couldn't justify putting a couple of channels on hiatus for a month to make room for a couple of channels that produces a small audience. I wouldn't doubt, though, several of the other channels go all-Christmas music from like Monday, December 22 through Thursday December 25 (Christmas Day), such as Roadhouse, 40s on 4, Escape, etc.

You know that is an interesting point about Arbitron ratings. That very well could have played a part in how and why the channels were changed the way they were. But no one has ever said that at least not that I know of. As for me I'm probably one of a small group of people that just doesn't like all Christmas music on a station. So I just skip the Christmas stations.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...