Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Like Dish network?
Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:51 PM
I'm not interested in more sports, and I can't make time to watch all the movies that I can DVR now, so no problems here (well, except getting my receiver hooked up to my broadband connection, but that's my fault).
Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:50 PM
Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:55 PM
What's not to like:
1) DVR's that don't always record what they are supposed to and do record what they are not.
2) DVR's that crash for no apparent reason.
3) Boring Charlie Chats.
4) No MLB EI (unless you count the blackout overruns in the Multi-sport package).
5) No distant "locals" unless you are lucky enough to live in an area where NPS can help.
6) Lousy customer service (J. D. Power award for "Better than Most").
7) Loads of shopping channels!
8) The HD Leader/No VOOM.
9) Pay for recording on each DVR in the house (unless it is 501/508 or older).
10)Must be connected to a phone line, even if you don't own a (traditional) phone.
1) and 2) Try DirecTV's DVRs
3) No one makes you watch. At least our CEO talks to us; nothing like it on Direct, Comcast, or TWC
4) Many of us don't care
5) Government regulations. Direct has been cracking down as well
6) It sucks, but still better than cable
7) Block them. They pay Dish for carriage, so they're welcome to be there so long as I don't have to watch
8) Many of us though Voom was repetitive crap
9) Most of us don't care, as we have on DVR powering 2 TVs. Need 3+ DVRs you should be able to afford it.
10. VIP receivers can be connected to the internet.
One man's gripe is just one man's. Plenty of others don't care.
Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:27 PM
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)
Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:02 PM
Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:04 PM
DirecTV DISH Network Globecast Cable
DirecTV DISH Network Globecast Cable
Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:48 AM
Hmmm. Guess I have to think about that.
Happy customer since Feb 1997 here! I even put up with 10 diffeent buggy 921's. I now have a 622 and am happy as can be!
Yeah, I am pleased that I can record four HD programs while watching one. Sometimes the experience delights me.
From Dictionary.com: happy: delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing.
And I'm glad I have a 722 and a 612 and AT200 with locals and SilverHD and PlatinumHD and all four premiums. So I guess I'm a Dish customer who is "happy.":D
Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:56 AM
Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:21 AM
Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:50 PM
So, I guess I like Dish Network.
Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:04 PM
Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:03 PM
Prior to dish I had DTV and was not impressed, so would not go out of my way to return. I would not want to give up dish DVRs for anything DTV could offer.
Cable.....talk about maggots......I will say no more about cable.
Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:27 AM
Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:47 AM
Place me in the bucket, but then again I would think it would be obvious given I spend the Lion share of my time in the Dish Forums. Dish definitely has challanges ahead as all companies in this space do and their definitely is a lot of competition. For me, Dish provides an excellent DVR and the content that meets my family needs.
Like people have said before... This is a forum and therefore by its nature there will be a negative slant. Bottom line.. If you are happy with what a company delivers you should stay with them. If you are not and they don't show any signs of working towards fixing the issues you should look for alternatives to meet your needs. Bottom line... You are spending money and the money spent on entertainment should make you happy.
Reason I became a Moderator here was I liked Dish but I felt some pain through the 921 receiver and I wanted to help improve the product line and moderating and providing feedback was one way I saw where I could make the most difference. I am happy I did and Kudos goes to everyone here that sees this site as a means to help improve the products they use on a daily bases. At times I am sure some feel that the reports go unnoticed, but I personally feel that they do definitely go noticed and do help the people that read these threads understand more what issues are occurring in the field. The most recent example of this is the Audio thread that has been very active. Keep up the good work to all that supports the site... It is you guys that make the difference.
And no I am not going to ask everyone for a group hug. Given the topic of the thread I just felt that there are a lot of people here that take the time to post their experiences and wanted to thank everyone for taking time out of your busy day to try to make a difference.
Yes I like Dish...
But I think DBSTalk rocks!!
I do apologize for going a little off topic...
Which part of SoCal are you from? I live in San Diego.