Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hip Hop Nation edited?

sling.com facebook

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   heisman6183

heisman6183

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:11 AM

I haven't been listening to this channel 24/7 since the change but when I have I noticed they've been editing all the songs. Does anyone know if this is a permanent change for all programs on this channel? I really hope not, what is the point of paying for an edited hip hop channel? That's what Sirius 1 is for.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   theninny

theninny

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:20 AM

I haven't been listening to this channel 24/7 since the change but when I have I noticed they've been editing all the songs. Does anyone know if this is a permanent change for all programs on this channel? I really hope not, what is the point of paying for an edited hip hop channel? That's what Sirius 1 is for.

I agree with you, I spoke to customer support rep. She told me to keep sending email to customercare@sirius.com and let them know.

-LC

#3 OFFLINE   thestaton

thestaton

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:54 AM

Please call this number and complain. 888-635-5142 There is no phone bank someone will pick up.

I was told that they are working on it getting this channel and a few others uncensored.

#4 OFFLINE   reddice

reddice

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:12 PM

It has a XL tag and it is censored. Many of the rock channels like XMU and Lithium don't even have a XL tag and they are uncensored. I have the plan where I don't get the XL channels but to those who like that type of crud you should get your channel the way it was.
Current Dish Network Subscriber: March 7, 2005 - Now
Current XM Radio Subscriber: November 2002 - Now
Current RoadRunner Earthlink Cable Subscriber: November 2001 - Now
I finally upgrading to HDTV.
Cats are the best pets.

#5 OFFLINE   theninny

theninny

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:12 PM

What is odd is some songs are uncensored, and some are censored? Very odd, but I will be calling for sure.

#6 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:11 PM

Typically it has been what XM has. While the vast majority of the songs on Squizz were unedited there was a radio edit played every once in a while as that was the only version of the song they had for some reason.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#7 OFFLINE   theninny

theninny

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:15 AM

Typically it has been what XM has. While the vast majority of the songs on Squizz were unedited there was a radio edit played every once in a while as that was the only version of the song they had for some reason.

They should have kept, the sirius playlists. All of the music was uncensored.

#8 OFFLINE   theninny

theninny

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:15 AM

Please call this number and complain. 888-635-5142 There is no phone bank someone will pick up.

I was told that they are working on it getting this channel and a few others uncensored.

Everybody that is upset needs to call, I just spoke with a person about this. She stated they have a list of complaints.

#9 OFFLINE   barnabas

barnabas

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:30 AM

its because they used xm playlist and droped sirius playlist at the time of the merger

#10 OFFLINE   hanz_erichson

hanz_erichson

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:39 AM

It has a XL tag and it is censored. Many of the rock channels like XMU and Lithium don't even have a XL tag and they are uncensored. I have the plan where I don't get the XL channels but to those who like that type of crud you should get your channel the way it was.

Since the channel merge, I've heard many censored songs on Lithium and not one uncensored song. Sirius XMU is still uncensored though. I haven't listened to enough Alt Nation to know what its status is.

#11 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:57 AM

Since the channel merge, I've heard many censored songs on Lithium and not one uncensored song. Sirius XMU is still uncensored though. I haven't listened to enough Alt Nation to know what its status is.

You're saying every song on Lithium has something cut out of it?

EVERY song?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...