Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

little date problem on the guide?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

I've got the iditarod set to record new episodes. This shows up today. note the date :)

Posted Image

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:31 PM

You can blame Trubine Media (where DISH gets its data) for any mistakes in the guide. I have tried (in vain) to get problems corrected on our local PBS station for well over a year.
Bill R

#3 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:02 PM

I sat there for about 4 minutes making sure I wasn't being stupid and thinking the wrong date :)

I also noticed the guide has stopped being correct on survivorman dates. ALL episodes are showing up recorded in my dvr showing the first run as a couple days prior, when they're over a year old.

#4 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,384 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

These errors are getting to be so routine, I've just given up in disgust. The problem is that being right 90% of the time is almost as useless as being right 10% of the time. I hope Dish gets the guide info from Tribune Media for less than a penny per customer per day as that's all it is worth.

#5 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

Ive seen that before. I think that the incorrect date shown was the date it was originally scheduled to run, but the show then got changed to an earlier date, but the info didnt get changed. Im sure tribune gets the info a couple of weeks in advance, so plenty of program changes can happen before the air date.

#6 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:06 AM

Tribune data is inconsistant. I have a daily program that I record that ended up in 2 different folders because someone at Tribune changed the way the program's title was abbreviated one day.

Speaking of folders, I wish that programs with episode numbers could sort by the episode numbers.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#7 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:24 PM

Ive seen that before. I think that the incorrect date shown was the date it was originally scheduled to run, but the show then got changed to an earlier date, but the info didnt get changed. Im sure tribune gets the info a couple of weeks in advance, so plenty of program changes can happen before the air date.

After reading this i did some thinking and I'm pretty sure this is exactly what the problem was. the show runs during primetime during weekdays (can't remember4 if its mon or tues)

But here's the kicker. of course it wasn't the itidarod race taht the timer recorded in the first place. lol Which makes sense since it was a guide goof up

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,593 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

FYI: "This Week in Nascar" airing at 8pm ET Monday the 17th on Speed (150) also has the 18th as it's air date.

spam firewall