Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any hope for playback between DTV DVRs?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   eph3

eph3

AllStar

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:09 AM

I just got the directv2pc software running on my network, and it's great to be able to playback recorded programs on my HR21 to my computer. This new capability reminds me of one of the great features my ReplayTV 5000 series DVRs had: you can playback recorded content from on DVR to another (and for that matter you could setup recording on one through another).

Now that DTV owns the intellectual property of ReplayTV, is there any hope that they will add similar functionality, providing playback and/or recording capabilities between DVRs through a home network?

Hopefully someone familiar with DTV's roadmap can comment on the latest view of multi-room viewing...
DirecTV since '96, HR21-700, HR22-100 and RTV 5160

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:12 AM

It's a very in-demand feature called MRV around here. Do a quick search for that term and you'll see just how in-demand it is. :D

Maybe we'll see it soon. ;)

#3 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,108 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:14 AM

It's a very in-demand feature called MRV around here. Do a quick search for that term and you'll see just how in-demand it is. :D

Maybe we'll see it soon. ;)

Yes...just maybe we will......:D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#4 OFFLINE   eph3

eph3

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:24 AM

Thanks! I did do some searching around in the forums and online, and it's clear the demand is there.

With ReplayTV DNA in DTV's hands, and after seeing directv2pc (although built by a third party, right?) it just seemed much more possible today. Hopefully we'll all see this capability soon ;)

Cheers!

#5 OFFLINE   eph3

eph3

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:31 AM

Duh! Guess I should have checked the CE Forum before posting this thread :goofygrin

#6 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:23 AM

Duh! Guess I should have checked the CE Forum before posting this thread :goofygrin

:D

#7 OFFLINE   eph3

eph3

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

Glad to see the new 0x2AF software update is available. I've had problems in the past with the channel guide not being updated for HD channels, so hopefully the system will now detect and warn for this condition. QuickTune is quite nice, but I don't watch live TV very often.

Bummer to not see the MRV capability made available yet... that's the key feature I'm waiting for before replacing the ReplayTV in my master bedroom with a D*TV HR2X.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...