Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: El Paso, TX

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:58 AM

DMA: El Paso, TX
Established: 11/19/2008

Edited by Gary Toma, 04 July 2014 - 04:54 PM.

DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   merchione

merchione

Godfather

• Registered
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

Channel 4 CBS KDBC 11/19 5:45pm is still down from this morning it still shows "no need to call us" screen
CompTIA A+ and N+ Certified

XBox Live ID:
Merchi one

#3 OFFLINE   b00gieman1

b00gieman1

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:13 AM

How come ghost whisperer wasn't broadcast in HD on CBS on the EL Paso Local? Too bad you can't pick and choose which local you can receive because EL Paso would be the bottom of everyone's list. What's up with ABC? Why don't they have it in HD? This is the worst channel ever. If I were a referee in a football game the game would be full of penalties (to many men on the field) as there are so many ghost on this channel!

#4 OFFLINE   martin63

martin63

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

I too have been wondering about the local ABC affiliate. I don's understand why they don't have it on the list. Additionally, I have had problems with the local HD channels going to black screen. I still have the off air antenna feed and I check those and they are not going black.

#5 OFFLINE   merchione

merchione

Godfather

• Registered
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

KFOX 14 is off the air for about a day now

XBox Live ID:
Merchi one

#6 OFFLINE   klbcolt

klbcolt

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

Anyone heard when ABC will be in HD?

#7 OFFLINE   gelat

gelat

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

Ok, this channel is apparently half in HD, specifically, Monday Night Football. When will this be available in HD, and can I get a different feed (like NY or LA) ??? I wan't my HD!

#8 OFFLINE   merchione

merchione

Godfather

• Registered
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

I have emailed KVIA and all they say is that it is Directv fault and not theirs...I cant even get KVIA HD over the air now.

XBox Live ID:
Merchi one

#9 OFFLINE   gelat

gelat

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:30 PM

KTSM 9 in HD, the titans - bills game. Had bad stuttering audio throughtout...

anyone else?

#10 OFFLINE   merchione

merchione

Godfather

• Registered
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

THANK YOU DIRECTV AND KVIA 7!!!! they turned HD on yesterday!! now if only we can get the CW in HD

XBox Live ID:
Merchi one

#11 OFFLINE   ChileDuck

ChileDuck

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

I've been having lots of sound burps, pixalization, and just plain blackouts on my HD feed from El Paso local CBS ch 4. My CSR says it is a know "broadcast issue" and it is being investigated.

Anyone else having this problem?? It makes this channel unwatchable. It was a good thing I had a Super Bowl party to go to.

Please call and complain if you are having problems.

#12 OFFLINE   gelat

gelat

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:09 PM

Me too - CSI was unwatchable last week, and so was the mentalist. I called to complain, and they told me the same story. BUT, I bitched and got $5 off for three months

#13 OFFLINE   merchione

merchione

Godfather

• Registered
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:54 PM

So I saw a neat commercial saying that Directv and KVIA negotiations has come to an impasse and the channel will be switched off on Monday Aug 28 if they don't come to an agreement. Does anyone know if this agreement has happened yet?

XBox Live ID:
Merchi one

#14 OFFLINE   ChileDuck

ChileDuck

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

So I saw a neat commercial saying that Directv and KVIA negotiations has come to an impasse and the channel will be switched off on Monday Aug 28 if they don't come to an agreement. Does anyone know if this agreement has happened yet?

So far no movement. This is part of a larger negotiation between Directv and NPG, the parent company. Here is the story:

The latest retrans faceoff is pitting the News Press & Gazette's (NPG) suite of broadcast properties against DIRECTV. NPG stations affected include KRDO (CBS) in Colorado Springs and Pueblo, CO; KVIA (ABC) in El Paso, TX; KESQ (ABC), KDFX (FOX) and KUNA (TMO) in Palm Springs, CA; and KIFI (ABC) in Idaho Falls, ID. Deadline for a new retrans agreement is Monday, 8/23, at 1 p.m.

http://www.mediabiz..../?edit_id=14672

NPG also owns a bunch of local cable companies in the west. Another reason why content providers should not also own distributors. (e.g. Comcast???)

The comments to this story in the local El Paso Times basically express the "so what" sentiment. Personally. if I lose ABC college football, I will be REALLY upset.

Here is Directv's response.

"What concerns us most right now is that NPG (KVIA's parent company) has put their viewers and our customers in the middle of this dispute by threatening to take away their channels if we don't submit to their demands," Mercer said. "We remain more than willing to keep the channels up while we attempt to resolve this dispute."

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_15823027

spam firewall