Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Peoria-Bloomington, IL

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,913 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:03 AM

DMA: Peoria-Bloomington, IL
Established: 11/19/2008

DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mlciskey

mlciskey

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

The new PBS WTVP 47 HD sat channel is showing the 47.2 HD subchannel as SD centercut. The guide data is the SD subchannel data. (The old SD sat channel 47 is showing the same as 47.1 SD subchannel picture and guide data)

Forgot to add that I emailed DIRECTV about this.

#3 OFFLINE   mlciskey

mlciskey

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

The new WYZZ Fox 43 HD sat channel doesn't seem to play well with my HR20-100 receivers. The picture comes up black with no audio. If I pause/play/rewind I can get it to come in. My H21-200 and HR21-700 seem to work fine.

Emailed to DIRECTV support. They responded to do a programming refresh and if that didn't work to reset the receiver. I did both of those things but it still doesn't work. It seems to me the early MPEG-4 HD streams sometimes had a problem like this.

#4 OFFLINE   lmurphy

lmurphy

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:10 PM

My hr20-700 will not display Fox 43 hd. It is not hooked up to a HD tv, I am using the S-video to a 50 in Hitachi. Any one else having a problem with 43.

#5 OFFLINE   lmurphy

lmurphy

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:37 PM

The problem I am having with 43 (and only 43) is the video stopping while the audio continues, then the video jumps to catch up. Not pixelating or anything but just freezing for 2 or 3 seconds then jumping to a new frame, back in-sync with the audio (mostly, within the same margin as most other channels). Copied from jcn2152 We are having the same problem. And I still can't view 43 on my HR20-700.

#6 OFFLINE   cardsfan

cardsfan

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:09 AM

I'm having the same problem with FOX 43 here in Bloomington, IL. There is no picture or sound when you initially turn to the station. I have found that you if you press pause on your DVR and then fast forward, the picture and sound magically show up. This is rather annoying though. Does anybody have any ideas how this can be fixed by DirecTV? Has anybody gotten it fixed that had the problem previously. Or is this just a general problem with the mpeg4? Please help!

#7 OFFLINE   mlciskey

mlciskey

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:56 PM

Channel: A3 Peoria 19 WHOI ABC
Date: Dec. 1, 2008 (actually since the HD local in local was turned on)
Time: 8:45 PM CT

Prime time HD shows on WHOI 19 (ABC) are very 'jerky' as if they are being displayed as a lower frame rate. I have observed this several times. Shows that are 'live' like sports and network news in HD do not exhibit this behavior. I checked OTA this evening and it is displaying properly.

#8 OFFLINE   jcn2152

jcn2152

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

Prime time HD shows on WHOI 19 (ABC) are very 'jerky' as if they are being displayed as a lower frame rate. I have observed this several times. Shows that are 'live' like sports and network news in HD do not exhibit this behavior. I checked OTA this evening and it is displaying properly.

I have noticed this with several stations especially 43. It looks like its playing at say 3/4 the normal frame rate, and often there are 2-3 (sometimes longer) second periods of no audio. Very annoying to watch, i've gone back to OTA.

#9 OFFLINE   cardsfan

cardsfan

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:06 AM

Yeah, I have noticed this with the ABC station as well. At first I thought it was my signal. But you're right; in the evening the video is very jerky. I'm glad its not just me!

On the plus, side it seems the problem with FOX has been fixed. I can turn to the channel now and the video shows up!

#10 OFFLINE   jcn2152

jcn2152

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

Yeah, I have noticed this with the ABC station as well. At first I thought it was my signal. But you're right; in the evening the video is very jerky. I'm glad its not just me!

On the plus, side it seems the problem with FOX has been fixed. I can turn to the channel now and the video shows up!

Yes, 19 is the worst offender after 43. I didn't watch much TV last night and no network so I can't say if I'm still seeing the problem here or not. But it was very annoying to have one channel (19) look like you're watching something through a stroboscope and another (43) with the picture constantly freezing and the audio dropping out.

#11 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

ABC still has issues with awkward motion.

Why do we still not get the CW? I understand we won't get it in HD, but at least give us the SD channel, or give us a national feed.

What's with the double listing for 47? Both of them appear to be center cut SD versions of 47-1 (which is HD).

What's with the double listing for 59 they are both the same as 59-1 (although the second one is slightly time shifted).

#12 OFFLINE   isuquinndog

isuquinndog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

Agree with CW. It's really BS that we don't get that station.

And I'm getting really pissed off at the networks when they don't turn on the HD feed. And not for like the first 4 minutes, but like half the show.

#13 OFFLINE   mlciskey

mlciskey

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:59 AM

Channel: WHOI 19 LIL and 19-1 OTA
Date: 6/13/09
Time: 7AM CT
Equipment: HR20-100

Channel did not come back from digital transition even though it is on the air OTA using the TV's tuner and antenna.

DirecTV has been showing a graphic since 6/12 at 12PM CT that 19 (LIL) is transitioning to digital and 19-1 shows searching for signal. Curiously 19-2 the CW subchannel is working just fine.

I reran the local setup and reset the HR20 but that did not help. In the OTA setup if I look at signal strengths both 19-1 and 19-2 show 95%.

#14 OFFLINE   zman977

zman977

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:35 AM

Please post broadcast issues with DIRECTV satellite delivered HD Local Channels only

DMA: Peoria-Bloomington, IL
Established: 11/19/2008

HD Locals available in this DMA

• ABC - WHOI (19)
  • CBS - WMBD (31)
  • NBC - WEEK (25)
  • FOX - WYZZ (43)
  • PBS - WTVP (47)

For instructions, please visit this thread

You forgot to list WAOE TV 59 (Mynetwork) in the list of Peoria/Bloomingotn stations. Surprized no one else caught this before now.

#15 OFFLINE   isuquinndog

isuquinndog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:39 AM

But they aren't broadcasting in HD yet in DirecTV are they?

#16 OFFLINE   willige54

willige54

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

i'm having the same problem with fox 43 here in bloomington, il. There is no picture or sound when you initially turn to the station. I have found that you if you press pause on your dvr and then fast forward, the picture and sound magically show up. This is rather annoying though. Does anybody have any ideas how this can be fixed by directv? Has anybody gotten it fixed that had the problem previously. Or is this just a general problem with the mpeg4? Please help!

i am curious, did you get this situation resolved?

#17 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

Anyone else have issues with the picture on Fox freezing during the Super Bowl yesterday? I don't see any complaints on it in the Super Bowl thread on AVSFroums, so I'm wondering if it was an issue with our local Fox affiliate, or if I was having an issue with my DirecTV receiver or TV. The audio didn't seem to have any issues, the picture would just freeze for a few frames, and then pick back up. I didn't get a chance to try watching OTA to see if the problem was there too.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

spam firewall