Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ala Carte packages on Sirius

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DFDureiko

DFDureiko

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:03 AM

I THOUGHT I saw on the Sirius website, a month ago, 50 channels for 1/2 the normal monthly price. Seeing we listen to 10 channels (I do flip stations on cross country drives sometimes)
I just called, right now I get 180 stations (they said) for 12.95, and oh boy I can get 100 stations for 15.00.......even the CSR was dumbfounded.
It's time for a new radio anyway, so thought I'd buy two and do the ala carte thing.
so far the two stations I listen to most are still on the air.......and are pretty much the only reason I keep the subscription.
Dan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ThunderRoad

ThunderRoad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:57 AM

They're offering ala carte on Sirius only.....but they don't do a very good job of promoting it. You have to search around their site for it. Best bet would be to use the "site map" page to find it. Of course, there's only 1 radio out that's ala carte capable. I'm beginning to wonder if that's going to be the extent of ala carte or if they're going to put out more ala carte capable radios. Maybe they've gone as far as they're going to go in satisfying that condition with the FCC. They produced a ala carte radio and offered ala carte packages....that's pretty all they had to do.

spam firewall