Thanks VOS. Just picked up a volt meter and the following cable tester:http://www.idealindu...o?prodId=33-856
I don't see anything wrong with either of your setups.
Cables "smoking" are due to too many "amps", from either an over voltage or a lower impedance load.
With "all of your cables" and your SWM 1 working/SWM 2 not, "I kind of wonder" if #2 wasn't getting power. Could you have mixed the cables and had the PI connected to output #2? I know I could have [or have in other "setups", at least].
Sometimes once things get out of hand, starting from "square one" and checking/connecting everything [correctly] can do wonders.
When I had to "relieve someone", on an aircraft, that had been "working" it for a while, I'd simply start over and fix it quicker than trying to follow their steps.
Need to do some testing later after Thanksgiving stuff.
The setup was working perfectly for many months, so thinking it has something to do with what I changed. I didn't touch the PI connections.
That 1020a tuner I hooked to the legacy port worries me even though others thought it should work fine. It's disconnected now.
I made 3 changes within the same week. 1) 1020a to legacy port of SWM#2, 2) moved HR21 from SWM#1 to SWM#2 and terminated one-side of 2-way splitter on SWM#1, 3) added H21 to SWM#2 by connecting line to SWM#2 port#2.
Thanks for the help. Will test.