Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Censorship is OVER!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thestaton

thestaton

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

Assuming this is true, we are back into the clear. I can't tell you how happy I am, I'm going to go for a run in this cold weather just so I have a reason to listen to sirius again.

They are also offering Sirius customers who already have a life time membership, to get the best of xm on the life time for 100 dollars.

If this works out I'm on board. Man it feels so good that they are listening to there customers!

Hi Michael,

We're still settling in after the channel rearrangements and i'm taking into account what all our customers are saying. Happy to give you some new info.

Covino and Rich - I've added a replay of their 12n-3p show, 6p-9 (eastern). I'd love to get their fourth hour back and am talking to the guys about it - there are scheduling issues with the shows they do for music stations for sirius but i'm hopeful.

The censorship issue was a temporary glitch of rearranging some of our music stations. The only stations going forward that carry the radio edits of songs are the two stations with high kid listenership, Hits One and The Heat.

Thanks for the feedback, and particularly for supporting covino and rich and bubba. Stay well, Jeremy Coleman

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Thank you. I hope this is accurate.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#3 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

Very cool, hopefully this is correct.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#4 OFFLINE   theninny

theninny

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:33 PM

I was all excited after reading the OP, but when I was listening today. I still heard censored songs, a few more uncensored but songs that were uncensored before the merger that are censored now.

-LC

#5 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

I was all excited after reading the OP, but when I was listening today. I still heard censored songs, a few more uncensored but songs that were uncensored before the merger that are censored now.

-LC

Same here.

Octane last night, Kid Rock song was uncensored. Not a fan of hip hop, but turned it on today and it was uncensored.

Listened to Lithium this afternoon and Radiohead's "Creep" was the censored radio edit version.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#6 OFFLINE   thestaton

thestaton

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:12 PM

My understanding is that it's going to take some time for the DJ's to weed out the censored songs and get them replaced with the uncensored version.

My theory is that if Sirius had the song that wasn't censored then they should be playing those. However if the stations got deeper cuts from the XM side that where censored, it might be awhile before those are updated.

Hopefully they get this worked out ASAP.

#7 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:15 AM

I believe it even says on D*'s channel line up that hip hop is uncut, but then sometimes D* doesn't always have the correct information up :rolleyes:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...