Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MTV says "Let's Do The Time Warp,Again"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,480 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

From Variety:
MTV is doing a remake of the 1975 cult classic film,'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'.

http://www.variety.c...ky horror redux

Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   txtommy

txtommy

Icon

• Registered
  • 802 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

Why would you remake something that is already perfect? It would be like doing a remake of Casablanca.
“People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” -- Rogers Hornsby

#3 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,224 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:20 AM

Why would you remake something that is already perfect? It would be like doing a remake of Casablanca.

Because the entertainment industry today likes to idolize classics (movies, TV, music, etc) by butchering them in a pointless remake.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#4 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Registered
  • 15,443 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:05 AM

My mother-in-law was just commenting on how many remakes there are out there and I wasn't as aware of it, but apparently this is huge right now. I am a little hesitant to view remakes (or listen to them in the case of music).
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#5 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:31 PM

My mother-in-law was just commenting on how many remakes there are out there and I wasn't as aware of it, but apparently this is huge right now. I am a little hesitant to view remakes (or listen to them in the case of music).

Couldn't agree more, Smiddy! Most of the modern remakes just make me want to go back and watch the original again anyway! And as an earlier poster said regarding this remake of Rocky Horror - why mess with perfection?

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Pioneer VSX-41 A/V Receiver
Magnavox DVD Recorder
Sony DVP-NC665P CD/DVD Player

Sony BlueRay Player

#6 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

From Variety:
MTV is doing a remake of the 1975 cult classic film,'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'.

http://www.variety.c...ky horror redux

I saw a version of the original that was intended for release outside of the United States. All I can say is Wow.
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#7 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

Hollywood doesn't want to take any chances; they only greenlight movies that they feel are SURE to make a profit, and one way to do this is to remake movies, TV shows, and other properties that they already have rights to and/or already have a "built-in" fan base.

That's why every classic TV show has either been remade or is in the process of being remade, and why the same 100 movies keep being remade over and over again.

The only new, fresh content comes from indie writer/directors, and it usually doesn't take them long to become corrupted by Hollywood.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...