Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

A final "I hate the switch" thread

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:57 PM

So I'm cleaning the office and tune into "70's on 7". Not Disco, 70's. The brainiacs at the new Sirius/XM office think that I would enjoy "Disco Saturday Night". Guess what...if I wanted to hear only obscure Disco, I'D TUNE TO THAT CHANNEL. So, now I have to endure the 80's on 8 with the MTV DJ's that I've grown to dislike soooo much.

I hope DirecTV drops these bums for somebody who knows how to program music. You'd think Sirius/XM could do this, but at this point, I think the guys at AOL Radio can program a station better than these yay-hoohs.

Oh...even worse...The "80's on 8" has the Saturday Night Dance Mix.....this is FUBAR and really horrendous!

What a bummer :(

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   David_NC

David_NC

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:48 PM

So I'm cleaning the office and tune into "70's on 7". Not Disco, 70's. The brainiacs at the new Sirius/XM office think that I would enjoy "Disco Saturday Night". Guess what...if I wanted to hear only obscure Disco, I'D TUNE TO THAT CHANNEL. So, now I have to endure the 80's on 8 with the MTV DJ's that I've grown to dislike soooo much.

I hope DirecTV drops these bums for somebody who knows how to program music. You'd think Sirius/XM could do this, but at this point, I think the guys at AOL Radio can program a station better than these yay-hoohs.

Oh...even worse...The "80's on 8" has the Saturday Night Dance Mix.....this is FUBAR and really horrendous!

What a bummer :(

Many of us would, 'cept they cancelled both Sirius' and XM's disco channels. The 'Disco Saturday Night' that you're complaining about is what some of here, and many others, have been missing since the merger took place. I enjoyed the disco channels and hope they return. Be glad that you're only 'out' of non-disco '70's music a few hours on Saturday!

#3 OFFLINE   fattybear

fattybear

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

I have loved the various XM channels doing the oldies for the 60s, 70s, 80s, etc., but the Sirius changes suck. I'm getting into the True Oldies Channel these days. No schlock.

#4 OFFLINE   ub1934

ub1934

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts
  • LocationUpState NY

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:31 PM

I have loved the various XM channels doing the oldies for the 60s, 70s, 80s, etc., but the Sirius changes suck. I'm getting into the True Oldies Channel these days. No schlock.

Same for me , i want my "Franks Place" or "High Standards" back . :mad:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...