Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PlayOn: Watch Hulu, YouTube, CBS, CNN, ESPN, and Netflix on your TV using your HR20?

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   dhhaines

dhhaines

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

Are you running the current version? It is 2.58.3239.4486.

IIRC There was a problem like this sometime back but it was fixed.

I'm having the same problem with version 2.58.3239.4486. There are no playable files in this folder.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read a report that said the typical symptoms of stress were eating too much, drinking too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Who are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day.

Directv 3/1998-9/2011
now with Verizon FIOS and loving the faster DVR and being able to use both the external & internal drives at the same time

#82 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,480 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

Are you running the current version? It is 2.58.3239.4486.

IIRC There was a problem like this sometime back but it was fixed.

AFAIK,I am running the current version of PlayOn Bushwacr.
I downloaded/installed it last night.
The version number that shows on my "Registration" page in the PlayOn settings is :
I have made several attempts to playback content from Hulu and CBS with no success.
YouTube and ESPN content works just fine.

Steve

#83 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,480 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:22 PM

The version number that shows on my "Registration" page in the PlayOn settings is :
I have made several attempts to playback content from Hulu and CBS with no success.

On another note,I have my Hulu and YouTube accounts listed in the PlayOn settings.

Steve

#84 OFFLINE   Bushwacr

Bushwacr

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:23 PM

Go to the system check of play on. What does processor speed report? Mine is 1.8 per core and in yellow. It sounds to me like you have a slow processor which is limiting the performance.

I told my wife about it last night and she seemed very excited about this. So, this is something we will use and will be worth $30.00. This is a good thing because see usually doesn't get too excited about this kind of stuff. :lol:

Yeah my wife loves it too ...... I think her comment was on the order of " Finally you buy something good instead of ......... "

Now I can't get to the TV.

#85 OFFLINE   Bushwacr

Bushwacr

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:41 PM

What version shows up when you click "Update"?

Is WMP11 running and sharing? Playon needs it to support DRM possibilities in Hulu and CBS.

Otherwise, I suggest you hit the "Support" button and send a ticket to Media Mall. Be patient while it creates the log for uploading. The support team usually answers quickly. I've had answers within minutes.

#86 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:44 PM

This is very cool... I was pretty impressed with Hulu's quality but haven't had luck getting my Netflix to play. It finds my instant queue but can't play them. I'm going to give it some time and try again.

#87 OFFLINE   Bushwacr

Bushwacr

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:48 PM

This is very cool... I was pretty impressed with Hulu's quality but haven't had luck getting my Netflix to play. It finds my instant queue but can't play them. I'm going to give it some time and try again.

Do you have the Netflix media player app installed on the server 'puter? A few users forgot to do that, including me.:D

If you have the Silverlight player you're outta luck.

#88 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

Do you have the Netflix media player app installed on the server 'puter? A few users forgot to do that, including me.:D

If you have the Silverlight player you're outta luck.

I've never watched on this particular computer and it installed Silverlight when I first went to the instant queue about an hour ago... what player do I need to get it to work?

#89 OFFLINE   Bushwacr

Bushwacr

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:53 PM

I've never watched on this particular computer and it installed Silverlight when I first went to the instant queue about an hour ago... what player do I need to get it to work?

The original legacy player was based on WMP and works under Playon.

The hitch is Netflix won't let you undo the Silverlight player.

#90 OFFLINE   donjuan2007

donjuan2007

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:04 PM

2.8 and Green
\

Go to the system check of play on. What does processor speed report? Mine is 1.8 per core and in yellow. It sounds to me like you have a slow processor which is limiting the performance.

#91 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

Well hrrrmppph, that's not cool. If, somehow, I find a way to wipe it from the registry, is there a way to get the legacy player? This stinks. :(

#92 OFFLINE   Bushwacr

Bushwacr

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:46 PM

Well hrrrmppph, that's not cool. If, somehow, I find a way to wipe it from the registry, is there a way to get the legacy player? This stinks. :(

To the best of my knowledge, no. There are numerous users trying to figure it out.

I'm not sure, but I think Netflix shows you as a Silverlight user and won't send you a viable stream for the other player which is no longer available.

Yeah I think Netflix went over the line since the Silverlight Player is still in beta and doesn't play everything.

I wonder what happens if I have a computer with the old player and a second with Silverlight and run PlayOn off the old player 'puter?

#93 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

To the best of my knowledge, no. There are numerous users trying to figure it out.

I'm not sure, but I think Netflix shows you as a Silverlight user and won't send you a viable stream for the other player which is no longer available.

Yeah I think Netflix went over the line since the Silverlight Player is still in beta and doesn't play everything.

I wonder what happens if I have a computer with the old player and a second with Silverlight and run PlayOn off the old player 'puter?

I'll tell you in about ten minutes as I fire up the old 'puter... :D

#94 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

Installed PlayOn and linked it to my Netflix account. Content shows up on my R22-200 but won't play. :(
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#95 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:02 PM

Hulu works ok. Pity I don't have $30 the program costs.:(
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#96 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

I'll tell you in about ten minutes as I fire up the old 'puter... :D

Nope, no dice. I'm fairly certain that the player I had on the old computer wasn't Silverlight but I can't be certain. Any idea when the new player was intro'd?

Installed PlayOn and linked it to my Netflix account. Content shows up on my R22-200 but won't play. :(

This is what we're talking about... see this post...

#97 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,480 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

What version shows up when you click "Update"?

Is WMP11 running and sharing? Playon needs it to support DRM possibilities in Hulu and CBS.

Otherwise, I suggest you hit the "Support" button and send a ticket to Media Mall. Be patient while it creates the log for uploading. The support team usually answers quickly. I've had answers within minutes.

I got offline for a little while to play around with this some more.
YouTube and ESPN programs playback with no issues,no error messages.
The Hulu and CBS programs now appear to be hit and miss at this time.
Some of the programs will playback,others will not.
When I click "Update",I get the following message:
You are already running the latest version of PlayOn:2.58.3248.42897.
Currently watching an episode of Hawaii Five-O from CBS.Playback of this program has worked well so far.

Steve

#98 OFFLINE   Bushwacr

Bushwacr

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

Nope, no dice. I'm fairly certain that the player I had on the old computer wasn't Silverlight but I can't be certain. Any idea when the new player was intro'd?

End of October I think. The Netflix blog has an announcement of sorts because of the Opt-in agreement.

#99 OFFLINE   Bushwacr

Bushwacr

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

I got offline for a little while to play around with this some more.
YouTube and ESPN programs playback with no issues,no error messages.
The Hulu and CBS programs now appear to be hit and miss at this time.
Some of the programs will playback,others will not.
When I click "Update",I get the following message:
You are already running the latest version of PlayOn:2.58.3248.42897.
Currently watching an episode of Hawaii Five-O from CBS.Playback of this program has worked well so far.

A couple of HR users in the PlayOn user forums have noticed that HR's seem to time out quickly as they poll and a restart of PlayOn helps keep the HR focused. YMMV

#100 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

End of October I think. The Netflix blog has an announcement of sorts because of the Opt-in agreement.

http://blog.netflix.com/

Yep, found it... 10/31... I must have Silverlight on the old machine too. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...