Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Recent problems recieving XM in truck

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Loonytunes

Loonytunes

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:12 AM

I purchased a new Chevy truck in August with an XM receiver as part of the in dash entertainment system. I have had no problems receiving XM signals until a few days ago.

Now it seems every time I pass under a bridge or any type of momentary overhead obstruction I get loss of signal for a second or two. When I first starting using XM in the truck I could get the signal even parked under my metal carport, now I get no signal at all.

Is anyone else having problems like I'm experiencing?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:10 AM

Maybe you live near terrestrial repeaters that are not presently in operation for some reason.

I get about 7 dropouts on the way to work every morning because there are no terrestrial repeaters in my area.

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#3 OFFLINE   Loonytunes

Loonytunes

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:26 AM

Update: XM tech support resolved the problem. They directed me to w w w.xmradio.com/refresh/index.xmc, and asked me to follow the directions. I now have excellent reception again!

#4 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:19 PM

Update: XM tech support resolved the problem. They directed me to w w w.xmradio.com/refresh/index.xmc, and asked me to follow the directions. I now have excellent reception again!

Glad you got things fixed. And I'm sorry I started to mention that to you, but I guess I got distracted and never made it back to this thread. DBSTalk is so large with so much information sometimes I think I go into mind overload here :lol: But some people might not think I have a mind to overload and they may be right :D

#5 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:50 AM

What does that do, download new firmware or something?

#6 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:18 AM

What does that do, download new firmware or something?

I think the Sat. sends down a new signal to "refresh" the radio. But not being a big tech person myself, I'm sure someone can give you a better answer.

#7 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

I try and do that every 3 months or so. Usually the first sign you need to do it is the signal strength dropping when you are not near any obstructions. For some reason I can get a good signal in my garage in my truck and I have no towers anywhere near me, makes it easy when I need to update though.

spam firewall