Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sirius Stock Price

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:44 PM

Well Sirius stock for some reason is going up--not much, but going up. Why I don't know? The S&P just lower their rating on Nov. 26th. The low was 0.146 and today it is 0.203. Their business meeting isn't until next month. BTW I do NOT own any Sirius stock. Thank goodness ;)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:53 PM

Well Sirius stock for some reason is going up--not much, but going up. Why I don't know? The low was 0.146 and today it is 0.203. Their business meeting isn't until next month. BTW I do NOT own any Sirius stock. Thank goodness ;)

Not sure I'd call it a trend quite yet. SIRI has to show they can handle their debt payments (refinance) that come due next year before that stock is going anywhere

#3 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:59 PM

Not sure I'd call it a trend quite yet. SIRI has to show they can handle their debt payments (refinance) that come due next year before that stock is going anywhere

I know so I can't figure out why it is going up? I added to my 1st post that their rating was actually lowered on the 26th. And the stock goes up :confused: I will never understand the stock market :rolleyes:

#4 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:25 PM

I know so I can't figure out why it is going up? I added to my 1st post that their rating was actually lowered on the 26th. And the stock goes up :confused: I will never understand the stock market :rolleyes:

Going up a few pennies isn't really much. It could have been nothing more than a few low volume trades near the end of the day. Remember, the closing price on a stock is nothing more than the last trade...that trade could be 1,000,000 shares or 1.

The key thing to watch is volume if you see the stock's volume go up significantly than there's a good shot something is about to happen (insider trading is very much alive and well).

#5 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

Going up a few pennies isn't really much. It could have been nothing more than a few low volume trades near the end of the day. Remember, the closing price on a stock is nothing more than the last trade...that trade could be 1,000,000 shares or 1.

The key thing to watch is volume if you see the stock's volume go up significantly than there's a good shot something is about to happen (insider trading is very much alive and well).

Just ask Mark Cuban about insider trading :lol: However, where do I find volume? I just took the price off an XM Fan site that lists the stock price only.

#6 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

Just ask Mark Cuban about insider trading :lol: However, where do I find volume? I just took the price off an XM Fan site that lists the stock price only.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=siri

Volume is shown in the right column.

If you'd like to see it on a chart with the price:

http://finance.yahoo...ource=undefined

That chart looks like a dead cat bounce. :lol:

#7 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:17 AM