Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hr22-100 no music & pics. in menu option

hdtv

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mitchrs

mitchrs

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:35 AM

Does any body with a HR22-100 able to see music and pics. on their menu list . I am connected to a home network and I can download VOD . Just don't see the line as an option when you push the menu button. I'm using WMP 11 which sees the hr22-100 as DirectvMediaShare Renderer,

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:42 AM

Yes I have 2 and both of them work. Now what program are you using to media share? If it's WMP11 go in to the program and "allow" it. Then music and phots will show up
Sometimes it just is what it is :nono2:

#3 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

Does any body with a HR22-100 able to see music and pics. on their menu list . I am connected to a home network and I can download VOD . Just don't see the line as an option when you push the menu button. I'm using WMP 11 which sees the hr22-100 as DirectvMediaShare Renderer,

My systems sometimes drop the Music selection as well. It does not seem to be for any rhyme or reason but it has always taken a reboot of the DVR before it would establish a connection back with WMP11. Now if I start up a Nero home server, it will usually put the selection back into the menu within a minute or two.

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

#4 OFFLINE   mitchrs

mitchrs

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:57 AM

Yes I have 2 and both of them work. Now what program are you using to media share? If it's WMP11 go in to the program and "allow" it. Then music and phots will show up

wmp11 library> option> config share yes I did that. It shows Directv MediaShareREnderer. and my music folder is shared on the home network.

#5 OFFLINE   mitchrs

mitchrs

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:02 AM

wmp11 library> option> config share yes I did that. It shows Directv MediaShareREnderer. and my music folder is shared on the home network.

I dont have a line in the dvr menu that says music and pics.

#6 OFFLINE   MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:04 AM

reboot your PC and see if it pops. Sometimes thats wokrs out. The HR22 gets the que from WMP11. You can also try to RBR the rieciever. I would do the PC first though.
Sometimes it just is what it is :nono2:

#7 OFFLINE   mitchrs

mitchrs

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

reboot your PC and see if it pops. Sometimes thats wokrs out. The HR22 gets the que from WMP11. You can also try to RBR the rieciever. I would do the PC first though.

Thanks I tried that first the pc then the dvr,no change. I used the red button on the front. should I try the reset in the setup menu, not reset everything line but the factory default. also tried unpluging router to dvr. Note I am using a 2wire gateway for my home network and it see the dvr windows firewall is turned off as the gateway is firewalled.

#8 OFFLINE   BattleScott

BattleScott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:42 AM

Thanks I tried that first the pc then the dvr,no change. I used the red button on the front. should I try the reset in the setup menu, not reset everything line but the factory default. also tried unpluging router to dvr. Note I am using a 2wire gateway for my home network and it see the dvr windows firewall is turned off as the gateway is firewalled.

There may be settings in the 2wire that are blocking internal traffic. As a test, you could connect the PC directly to the 2nd ethernet port on the DVR and see if the media share options show up.

It seems to me that when I first setup the media share with WMP11, I had to first reboot the PC and then reset to DVR. After that the menu item showed up.
HR24-500 / AM-21 / WGA54AG
42" Pannasonic Plasma
HR22-100 / 26" LG LCD
Slimline 5-LNB

#9 OFFLINE   mitchrs

mitchrs

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:54 AM

There may be settings in the 2wire that are blocking internal traffic. As a test, you could connect the PC directly to the 2nd ethernet port on the DVR and see if the media share options show up.

It seems to me that when I first setup the media share with WMP11, I had to first reboot the PC and then reset to DVR. After that the menu item showed up.

Thanks I will try that when I get home. One thing I can download Video On Demand to the DVR with no problem

#10 OFFLINE   BattleScott

BattleScott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:55 PM

Thanks I will try that when I get home. One thing I can download Video On Demand to the DVR with no problem

I believe VoD uses a standard internet protocol/port (ftp/21) that is usually not blocked by default. I was able to connect to the internet and download as well, but Mediashare will not work unless I disable my Norton Firewall on the PC (too lazy to figure out which ports to open).
HR24-500 / AM-21 / WGA54AG
42" Pannasonic Plasma
HR22-100 / 26" LG LCD
Slimline 5-LNB

spam firewall