Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

how did i do

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lamotte

lamotte

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:28 AM

moved for the second time this year moving this time as daughter is expecting triplets this spring and will be put on bedrest very soon. wife and i want to be close bye to help. we now will be 5 minutes from her place instead of the 45 minutes we were. when calling to schedule my movers appt this morning i was told it was going to cost me $200.00 for the move. telling the agent i was thinking this was high and told her i was thinking $99.00 would be a better price. she told me she would have to talk to someone about this and i also asked if i could get a new dvr in the move also. placing me on hold for about 4 minutes she came back and told me this would be fine with her.

she then told me they will be at the new place between 8 and 12 tomorrow to get move done. thinking i did all right with this what is your opinion

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   clb4g9

clb4g9

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:33 AM

If you're satisfied, that's all that really matters....$99 is the standard price for a DVR (non-HD), but if they're putting a dish up and setting you up with Mover's Connection (usually free but you only get one in a 12-month period) then it sounds like you got a pretty good deal. You can't buy a dish for much less than $60 on your own, plus installing it all yourself, plus the DVR, and you'd certainly be over the $99 you paid.

#3 OFFLINE   lamotte

lamotte

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:28 AM

also one of my primary reasons for doing it this time was i had to have a heart cath done just a week and a half ago. and wound up with one stent in me and not wanting to be crawling under the house in the crawlspace so soon after getting this done

spam firewall