Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for coax

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott in FL

Scott in FL

Godfather

• Registered
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:35 AM

Anyone know a good source for 500' of high quality single RG-6, bare copper conductor, not quad, white or black, does not need to be plenum rated but will be outdoors. High quality, rated to 3 GHz.

I've heard good and bad things about Perfect Vision, and notice that Solid Signal only sells it in 1000' reels.

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

Perfect Vision cable is just fine. My company has used well over 500 rolls of it over the years, and only two ever had problems, and they were from the same production run about 3 years ago.

Single cable is normally sold in 1000' lengths. You can find cheap copper-clad-steel in 500' lengths, but you aren't likely to find solid copper in anything but 1000'. And if you do, they will charge such a premium for it that you won't save much.

#3 OFFLINE   joe diamond

joe diamond

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:58 AM

Perfect Vision cable is just fine. My company has used well over 500 rolls of it over the years, and only two ever had problems, and they were from the same production run about 3 years ago.

Single cable is normally sold in 1000' lengths. You can find cheap copper-clad-steel in 500' lengths, but you aren't likely to find solid copper in anything but 1000'. And if you do, they will charge such a premium for it that you won't save much.

YUP,
Single cable is sold in 1000 ft rolls. Double is sold in 500 ft rolls. Solid is more expensive, and , while, I understand it's value.....for commercial installations (read lots of them) cheapest rules.

Freight will even things out until you are ready to buy a pallet of cable reels or boxes. Closest rules...........DSI, Skywalker, Centronics and probably others have depots where you can pick stuff up if you can drive there.

For single applications you can specify solid copper and probably find a local contractor to do your work.

Joe

#4 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

The cheapest ($$$ wise, not quality wise) will be from your neighborhood DirecTv van. ;)
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#5 OFFLINE   Scott in FL

Scott in FL

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

The cheapest ($$$ wise, not quality wise) will be from your neighborhood TV van. ;)

Interesting. Thanks everyone.

#6 OFFLINE   rhambling

rhambling

Godfather

• Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:20 PM

i know many local installers in swfl that would be happy to provide you some cable

SWMline-5 ODU
Winegard SS-2000 OTA
Samsung LN-T4042h 40" LCD
HR21-100 & AM-21[hdmi][wired][ups]
Samsung DVD-1080P7[YPbPr]
Xbox 360[hdmi][wired]
Yamaha RX-V363 AVR
Linksys WRT54G [Hyperwrt 2.1b1 + Thibor15c]

Protected By... spam firewall...And...