Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Need help getting directtv remote to work with sony bravia
Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:04 AM
Has anyone had problems getting their directtv remote to work with their sony bravia tv? what was the correct code you used?
thanks in advance!
|...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:52 AM
Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:58 AM
Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:30 AM
What remote version do you have? RC32, RC64, RC64R?
I know the Bravia is a new model, so there is a good chance there may not be a code for it.
If you have a RC64 and you still cant find it with the search method, you may have to wait until new model remote comes out.
Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:51 AM
Is this a newer set that you have? Sony has never been difficult in terms of remote programming.
* Sat - 5lnb slimline dish - SWM16 F/W 2.0.24
* Network - hardwired - Apple Airport / Uverse 2wire router > Dell Studio XPS 800, Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, 8GB ram, Intel Core i7-860 processor, nVidia GeForce GTS240
* HR44-200/AM21 - coax enabled networking - hdmi to Sony STR-DG810 - Sony Bravia KDL-EX740 | Bose Acoustimass 600 5.1 speakers | Sony PS3 | xBox 360 | AppleTV | GenieGo
* HR24-500 - coax enabled networking - hdmi - Vizio Razor M260VA
* HR34-700/AM21 - Ethernet bridged - hdmi = Sony Bravia KDL-V26XBR1 | Slingbox Pro via HDConnect component cable
Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:01 PM
Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:16 PM
Mute+select, wait for flash
991, wait for flash
1, wait for flash
channel up about once every second or so until tv turns off
select to lock that code into the remote.
retry power and volume afterwards to make sure you didn't run past it.
If you get 3 flashes in a row after about 10 mins of doing this, you hit the end of the list and the remote is not compatable with that tv.
Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:28 PM