Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Friday Night Lights not recording problem?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:02 AM

Did anyone else have a problem with Friday Night Lights not recording last week and not set to record tonight?

I didn't even realize there was a new episode last week because it was not showing in the "to do list". I did see a commercial saying a new episode tonight but it is not showing my my "to do list" on two different DVR's and I am not sure why.

Well I decided to check On Demand and realized there was a new episode last week so I am downloading it now.

You may want to check and make sure yours is set to record if you have a series link set for it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rockymountaind

rockymountaind

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:17 AM

Did anyone else have a problem with Friday Night Lights not recording last week and not set to record tonight?

I didn't even realize there was a new episode last week because it was not showing in the "to do list". I did see a commercial saying a new episode tonight but it is not showing my my "to do list" on two different DVR's and I am not sure why.

Well I decided to check On Demand and realized there was a new episode last week so I am downloading it now.

You may want to check and make sure yours is set to record if you have a series link set for it.

Thanks for the heads up! I thought they just took a break last week.

#3 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:18 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I thought they just took a break last week.

So did I. I just deleted the series link and reset it up and now it looks like it is finding the new episodes.

#4 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:47 AM

So did I. I just deleted the series link and reset it up and now it looks like it is finding the new episodes.

I had to manually record it because series link did not recognize it as a new episode.

Series link still not working had to manually record tonight and next weeks episodes, here is the remaining schedule according to http://www.imdb.com/...758745/episodes

Season 3, Episode 10:
Original Air Date—10 December 2008

Season 3, Episode 11:
Original Air Date—17 December 2008

Season 3, Episode 12:
Original Air Date—7 January 2009

Season 3, Episode 13:
Original Air Date—14 January 2009

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#5 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:49 AM

Thanks oldschoolecw. As I posted above I deleted the series link a few minutes ago and reset it up and it looks like it may have fixed the problem so you may want to try that.

#6 OFFLINE   cdizzy

cdizzy

Icon

• Registered
  • 892 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

Wow, I missed it too. Even after deleting the series link and adding it back I noticed it isn't in the to do list.

Added it upstairs to the HR21 and it set up fine. I am also downloading last weeks episode.

HR44-200 Genie

Genie clients X2

HR21-100

DirecTV customer since 2003

#7 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,161 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

i'm having problems too. but i recorded last weeks episode by simply going to the 101 in the guide and clicking record. same for this week too!

#8 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:15 AM

Thanks oldschoolecw. As I posted above I deleted the series link a few minutes ago and reset it up and it looks like it may have fixed the problem so you may want to try that.

I just did it, and it now works :new_popco
Thanks

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#9 OFFLINE   sdicomp

sdicomp

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:18 AM

Mine didn't record either!

Anyone know if and when an encore of last week's episode will air?
Charter Digital Cable(w/FREE HD)
Charter Motorola HD DVR into Mitsubishi WD-65738 via HDMI(through Yamaha RX-V673)-networked w/Buffalo WAP
Charter Motorola HD DVR into Dynex DX-32L150A11 via HDMI

#10 OFFLINE   ICM2000

ICM2000

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:24 AM

I have had to redo series links and Friday Night Lights is the most recent. Have kept the whole series because various family members want to see episodes missed or they do not receive. The HR20 starts a new folder with the same title. Have no idea why this happens but if your favorite series disappears from the "To do list" it never hurts to do a title search and redo the link.

#11 OFFLINE   ajc68

ajc68

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

Ditto... Mine didn't record either

#12 OFFLINE   ICM2000

ICM2000

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:28 AM

On Demand FNL #3009

#13 OFFLINE   apferrando

apferrando

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

They did skip the week of Thanksgiving... mine wasn't set to record last Wednesday, I did reset the To Do for New Episodes.... it recorded last week fine. I'll have to check tonight's. As for encores of last week, why not just get it off of DOD? They're all there in HD. Takes me about 20 minutes for an episode of FNL.

#14 OFFLINE   srasp

srasp

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

My question is why does this happen. I have seen this before. I have to constantly check. It is not like it is on a different channel.

I had to manually record it because series link did not recognize it as a new episode.

Series link still not working had to manually record tonight and next weeks episodes, here is the remaining schedule according to http://www.imdb.com/...758745/episodes

Season 3, Episode 10:
Original Air Date—10 December 2008

Season 3, Episode 11:
Original Air Date—17 December 2008

Season 3, Episode 12:
Original Air Date—7 January 2009

Season 3, Episode 13:
Original Air Date—14 January 2009

#15 OFFLINE   EricRobins

EricRobins

Godfather

• Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

Mine has missed the past few recordings too. But this should not be a big deal to HR2X users who are networked.

I just get it from DoD. That frees up a tuner and I can download, watch and delete all when I am ready so the show does not lock up recording space.

I wish everything were On Demand.

#16 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:17 PM

Also had this issue for last weeks, was there a new episode the week before because it missed that too. Made me wonder to. Made my wife a little bummed but I guess there is alwasys DoD huh?
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

#17 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:14 PM

Also had this issue for last weeks, was there a new episode the week before because it missed that too. Made me wonder to. Made my wife a little bummed but I guess there is alwasys DoD huh?

There was no new episode Thanksgiving week

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#18 OFFLINE   videojanitor

videojanitor

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

Add me to the list. When I went into the Prioritizer, the show was listed, but the number of upcoming episodes said (0). I set another Series Link, and then I ended with TWO of them in the Prioritizer -- the original that says (0), and new one that says (2). Very weird.

Didn't know until reading here that these were available on VOD, so I pulled down the one from the last week and all is well. That's a cool feature.

#19 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:22 PM

I missed last week's as well, but I think I figured out part of the issue.

I now have two SLs for Friday Night Lights. The old one showing (0) the new one showing (2).

When I click on the old one I get a show description from the 10/1/2008 show. When I click on Episodes I get...

"In Prudhoe Bay, the crew achieves their last goal: to walk on the forzen Arctic Ocean. After 41,000 miles, 15-months and 400 days on the road --the team arrives to a warm...

Obviously, DirecTV screwed up their own guide data (yet again) and probably blew out every Friday Night Lights SL on their HR series.

#20 OFFLINE   thestaton

thestaton

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

woah. thanks for the heads up I was pretty pissed that last weeks failed to record.

spam firewall