Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sony Blu-ray remote code

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

Hey guys,

I just bought a new Sony BDP-S350 blu-ray dvd player.....but none of the remote codes in the setup menu on the hr20-700 work for me. Does anyone have the same blu-ray I do and knows a code to work for me?

Here is my dvd player:

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1216423953707

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

Sorry but there isn't one.
aka Tivoburkee

#3 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:11 PM

Hey guys,

I just bought a new Sony BDP-S350 blu-ray dvd player.....but none of the remote codes in the setup menu on the hr20-700 work for me. Does anyone have the same blu-ray I do and knows a code to work for me?

Here is my dvd player:

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1216423953707

as mentioned the current directv remote lineup does NOT incorporate blu-ray codes----that's why there is no blu-ray section in the manual or listed onscreen remote setup interface.

they would have to incoporate that in the remotes built in IR library at the time of manufacturing; so later additions of IR codes to your current remote are NOT possible.

If your looking for a remote that will work all your equipment including all functionality from eeach remote; may I suggest you look into the logitech harmony remote lineup; all of them will do what you are wanting to accomplish-----and alot more to boot.....

#4 OFFLINE   johnp37

johnp37

Icon

• Registered
  • 537 posts
  • LocationCentral NJ

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

Any of the Harmony remotes will solve your problem. Any new component you add or change in your setup is taken care of via a USB connection to your computer. Run the software that comes with your Harmony remote and your'e good to go. As the Geico commercial goes"So easy a caveman can do it".

#5 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:59 AM

I use my Harmony remote for everything in my house. One remote controls my world. BTW, Santa is giving me a BDP-S550 and I know I will have no issue after I plug my Harmony remote into my computer and reprogram it. Easy as pie!
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#6 OFFLINE   MountainMan10

MountainMan10

Icon

• Registered
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:39 AM

This is a bummer. I bought one of these also. I was hoping that Sony would have made it the same as a standard DVD player. I have to wait for Christmas to hook it up :crying:

#7 OFFLINE   mobandit

mobandit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:16 AM

This is a bummer. I bought one of these also. I was hoping that Sony would have made it the same as a standard DVD player. I have to wait for Christmas to hook it up :crying:

Got my S550 early and already got it connected to the system! And found out last night that the D* remote won't control it...:nono2:

On the other hand, the NFL remote I bought to replace the "flooded" remote I destroyed is SWEET!

ETCM (SS/SW), USN (RET)
22 years, 4 months, 9 days

#8 OFFLINE   mirwin101

mirwin101

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:36 AM

Santa is bringing me an S550 as well. Does anyone know if the universal remote that comes with the S550 is any good? One of our dogs chewed on my Harmony 550 and some of the buttons are not working too well.

Got my S550 early and already got it connected to the system! And found out last night that the D* remote won't control it...:nono2:

On the other hand, the NFL remote I bought to replace the "flooded" remote I destroyed is SWEET!

#9 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,860 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:51 AM

The remote that comes with the S350 is passable as a Blu-Ray remote but I don't think it's a universal.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#10 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

THIS upgrade for JP1 universal remotes works fine too. Since the OEM for DirecTV remotes also makes JP1 remotes, they could easily add the code to upcoming models if they wanted to.

EDIT: To clarify, above upgrade works only with JP1 remotes, not DirecTV remotes.

#11 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:02 AM

Time for a Haromony....or something similar!

I have this Blu-Ray as well.

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

#12 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

If they had, there would be massive complaints from folks who have both a Blu-Ray and a DVD player in the same room. And that's a lot of people, actually.

People had the same complaints when DVD players came out; universal remotes that had CD player codes didn't support the DVD players, because the DVD players used different codesets.

#13 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

THIS upgrade for JP1 universal remotes works fine too. Since the OEM for DirecTV remotes also makes JP1 remotes, they could easily add the code to upcoming models if they wanted to.

No, the white directv remotes are not jp1-able. The previous blue remotes were though. The blue remote are only a 3 device and there isn't a preset code for the current line of directv receivers.
aka Tivoburkee

#14 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:09 PM

No, the white directv remotes are not jp1-able. The previous blue remotes were though. The blue remote are only a 3 device and there isn't a preset code for the current line of directv receivers.

Didn't mean to imply that they were. Thanks for the clarification (corrected my original post). Just wanted any potential JP1ers who saw this thread to know an upgrade is available for their JP1 remote (not DirecTV remote), and that harmony is not the only option.

#15 OFFLINE   catherine729

catherine729

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

You have to set the Blu ray remote in front of the AV3000 and use the infra-red learning. I found the instructions here on the remotecentral website. (This won't let me post an url yet).

I pressed Commander Off and DVD at the same time to start the learning. Then I individually programmed each blueray button that I use. It sounds tedious, but it only took a few minutes.

I realize that I am late in posting this, but when I googled "av300 remote codes blue ray", this was the first site that came up.

I have the Sony S550 Blu-ray. This method should work with any electronic device that has a remote. I also used this method to program my Lutron Maestro light dimmer.

Edited by catherine729, 27 November 2009 - 04:14 PM.
added more info

spam firewall