Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Roku Streamer and HR21 Network Attachment

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HiDuck

HiDuck

AllStar

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:09 PM

Today was my real first attempt at actual getting my home PC networked with my HR21. The goal was to be able to view content from WMP11 and use PlayOn Media Server for Netflix so I could move my Roku to another room if I ended up liking it.

After trial and trials XP Pro was just not finding the HR21 although it found my Sonos Player, both of which are hired wired to my router. It dawned on me that my Roku Streamer Box was conecting to my router via Wi-Fi and that I had remembered seeing in the HR21 System information the Roku come up under network. I though it was weird at the time but did have a need to give it more thought. So I powered down the Roku and performed a restart on the HR21 and XP saw the HR21 as soon as it came back up. I then powered the Roku back up and all has been good so far.

Apparently when the HR21 was first installed/set up it established its own network with the Roku Streamer (which obviously did nothing but make itself unavailable) so when I created a Home Network today XP never found the HR21 plugged into the network.

Anyone else have this experience?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thekochs

thekochs

Icon

• Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

Just FYI.
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=114861
Input/Source Equipment
DirecTV Slimline 3-SWM Dish, (3x) HR23-700 w/DECA
Sony DVD DVP-NC85H/B Carousel
Samsung BDP1500 BluRay

Output Display Equipment
Sony VPL-HS20 PJ (1368x768) => Vutec 110" Screen
Samsung 63" Plasma HP-S6373 (1368x768)
Samsung 32" TFT LN-T3243H LCD TV (1368x768)
Sharp 37" TFT LC37D43U LCD TV (1368x768)

A/V Equipment
Yamaha RX-V650 Receiver
VideoStorm CMX84 8x4 Video/Audio Matrix Switch
http://www.video-sto....asp?prod=CMX84

Protected By... spam firewall...And...