Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Stern to Retire?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:09 AM

howard is funny if you dont like him dont listen there is a bunch of other channels to listen too

Huh????
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

I think it's text speak, Richard.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#43 OFFLINE   stevecon

stevecon

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

If only he would retire....
Maybe Sirius could lower their fees. I hate that a part of my subscription cost goes toward paying this moron.

He's the reason I canceled. An extra $3/mo to support on air farting, belching and childishness? Not me! He obviously brought more subscribers than he turned away. I'm not complaining really, I voted with my wallet & quit.

I found for about the same as a year of service, I could buy an iPod adapter for my car stereo. My iPod is loaded with 80GB of music (not a stinker in the lot), no commercials, and a play list that is much larger than any 2 or 3 or more sat radio stations.

#44 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

I think it's text speak, Richard.

Ahhhh... But, I read it as "Howard is funny if you don't like him. Don't listen. There is a bunch of other channels to listen, too." Since I don't like him, he must be funny. I did take the advice of the second sentence, and don't listen. As for what channels are listening to me, I don't want them to do that. I prefer to listen to channels myself, but really don't want them listening to me. ;)

#45 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:44 PM

He's the reason I canceled. An extra $3/mo to support on air farting, belching and childishness? Not me! He obviously brought more subscribers than he turned away. I'm not complaining really, I voted with my wallet & quit.

I found for about the same as a year of service, I could buy an iPod adapter for my car stereo. My iPod is loaded with 80GB of music (not a stinker in the lot), no commercials, and a play list that is much larger than any 2 or 3 or more sat radio stations.

I also have an IPOD with close to 5000 songs on it. I don't use it in the car often though because I like to listen to things that I am not always familiar with and I know all the songs on the IPod. I just ordered a Slacker http://www.slacker.com/ and I am going to give it a shot and see what it is like. I ordered the 25 channel unit (from the last WOOToff). It may be able to replace my XM service in the future. I really enjoy Underground Garage (including the dj's on the channel) and many of the XM talk channels though and would miss them. :(

#46 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

My Slacker arrived from Woot today, and, so far I am impressed. It came preloaded with 25 random "radio stations" and I listened to the "Alternative" channel while at the house that I am rebuilding today. This evening I am loading 25 channels of my choice into the unit (it takes forever) and will have more variety that I am interested in for tomorrow's listening.

#47 OFFLINE   Piratefan98

Piratefan98

Icon

• Registered
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

I will not miss him.

Agreed. He's become the Willie Mays of radio personalities. I actually loved him in his early days in DC, and his middle days in NY. Now, he's just done. Time for the pasture Howard.

Jeff

Protected By... spam firewall...And...