Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sirius XM Love Channel 23

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BobZ

BobZ

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:13 AM

Does anyone know why Love Channel 23 is off the air? The announcer keeps indicating it will be coming back momentarily however it has been a few days and nothing yet/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mhendrixsr

mhendrixsr

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

I wasn't listening very well but seems like the announcement I heard was saying that the channel would return after the first of the year. Too bad as this was one of their better easy-listening choices. Looks to me like much of Sirius/XM is in flux right now and I've just decided to try to be patient until all the dust settles from this merger. I just wish I could subscribe to my car sat (Sirius) and my home sat (XM) through one company, one phone number and one website. I'm kinda tired of dealing with both companies with different structures, policies and prices for the same purpose (sat radio).
DTV HR24-500
DTV HR21Pro w/AM21
DTV HR20-700 DVR (all networked via DECA)
Slimline 5 Dish w/SWM-8
Pioneer PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma Display
Toshiba REGZA LCD Displays (37" & 32")
Oppo BDP-83 BD/Universal Player/Sony PS3 BD Player
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD-DVD Player/AppleTV
Pioneer DVL-909 LD Player w/tons of LD's
Pioneer Elite SC-27 A/V Rcvr

#3 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

I wasn't listening very well but seems like the announcement I heard was saying that the channel would return after the first of the year. Too bad as this was one of their better easy-listening choices. Looks to me like much of Sirius/XM is in flux right now and I've just decided to try to be patient until all the dust settles from this merger. I just wish I could subscribe to my car sat (Sirius) and my home sat (XM) through one company, one phone number and one website. I'm kinda tired of dealing with both companies with different structures, policies and prices for the same purpose (sat radio).

Amen to that :righton: I don't know why someone at the Dept. of Justice and/or the FCC didn't see these problems when the issue of merging the companies came up :shrug: I thought all a long that it would be a logistical nightmare :girlscrea

#4 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:03 AM

Oh my the slot you are talking about is being used for the ABBA online programs. I got this information from the XM website. :lol: I remember a poster somewhere writing soon Sirius XM would be all ABBA all the time :eek2: But this is apparently only going to go on until after the Holidays when the Love Channel will be back. I didn't even know Sirius XM was online. I keep reading stories about how that would help them, if they were online; but apparently they are online at least for ABBA :confused:

#5 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:08 AM

Amen to that :righton: I don't know why someone at the Dept. of Justice and/or the FCC didn't see these problems when the issue of merging the companies came up :shrug: I thought all a long that it would be a logistical nightmare :girlscrea

They did see it...they delayed the merger so long (longest in history) that it has crippled the combined company financially. Remember, by law, they could not have worked on the merger during the period it was up for approval.

#6 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

Just sit tight and let them work it out . . .
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#7 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:36 PM

They did see it...they delayed the merger so long (longest in history) that it has crippled the combined company financially. Remember, by law, they could not have worked on the merger during the period it was up for approval.

Yes the merger was delayed way too long, but then they were allowed to merge. It seems like to me that this whole thing was an awful mess from the beginning. It was either yes they can merge or no they can't. Why did it take so long
:confused: Thank goodness some years back when the idea of a merger between Dish and Directv came up people had the good sense to just say No. That would have been another logistical nightmare. Some people at the time said if they weren't allowed to merge it would be the end of Sat. TV, but Dish and Directv are still very much around years later.

spam firewall