Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with my Toshiba DLP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dilerium

Dilerium

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:07 PM

I have a Toshiba 42HM66 DLP that we have been pretty happy with. This is a 42" rear-projection unit, for those who don't want to click the link. Several weeks ago, it has developed an annoying problem. The center of the screen has become discolored. It is mostly noticeable when watching very light-colored scenes, like watching an ice hockey game. It has gotten so bad that it mostly ruins hockey games for me. Ordinary TV viewing is not typically a problem, but white scenes are.

I originally thought that the lamp was going out. The lamp was having other issues, too. I have replaced the lamp, but the discolored area is still there. Any ideas what could be causing this and how to correct the problem?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:05 AM

I'm interested in seeing the answers you get because my 52-inch projector is tinged yellow or brown on the right side of the screen. It's not real bad but it is definitely there.

I am thinking it might be dust in the system somewhere.

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#3 OFFLINE   mutelight

mutelight

Godfather

• Registered
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

Dust and dirt inside of the back side of the screen can cause that but also over time they will develop a hot spot in the center of the screen. I had a JVC LCoS display and had the exact same problem, basically the lamp is more intense towards the center and causes more wear on that portion of the screen vs the corners.
HR22-100 50" Panasonic V10 Plasma 1080p (networked)
HR22-100 108" Panasonic AE4000 1080p (networked)
H21-100 65" Panasonic VT30 (networked)

Sirius Stiletto 2 (Premium Web)
..::Main Theater Room Pictures::..

Protected By... spam firewall...And...