Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NH Ice Storm Opens Up LOS!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:37 PM

On Dec 11th &12th, NH had a really bad ice storm and my brother was unable to get D* due to trees Blocking the 101.Well that has now changed:D
He's been on generator power since last friday and as of this posting.Power may not be back until next week:(
So Sunday the 14th he calls me up and told me about the trees being down so i head over there with my old RCA dish (my storm dish) and the gust room receiver c-clamped to the deck and wooo hooooo he gets the 101:D
so he calls D* on the refer a friend # and is getting after i spoke to them also:
1HD-DVR
2 HD(non DVR)
1 SD(non DVR)
all for $99.99:D
Install is Tuesday:icon_kiff
Plus the local HSP i know most of the guys i myself work on thier vans so i hope he can get the SWM3, i know there in this area.
I'm Doing all the PRE-Wiring this weekend:)
Jimmy

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Cool. Just make sure that he either has his power back on, or enough generator power to run the dish, tvs & receivers while the tech is there. Lots of extension cords if needed will help too.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#3 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

Cool. Just make sure that he either has his power back on, or enough generator power to run the dish, tvs & receivers while the tech is there. Lots of extension cords if needed will help too.

The Generator is wired up to the main Panel with a transfer switch and with 7500 watts of power:D i'm sure that will be enough.
Jimmy

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:13 AM

I hope the trees are permanently down. With spring growth he could be in a 2 year contract with no signal.

#5 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

I hope the trees are permanently down. With spring growth he could be in a 2 year contract with no signal.

Oh they're down the trees were on his neighbors property and they're in the process of being cut up.
Firewood anyone :D
Jimmy

#6 OFFLINE   firefighter4evr

firefighter4evr

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

Oh they're down the trees were on his neighbors property and they're in the process of being cut up.
Firewood anyone :D

now that there is a true act of god.... proving that someone up stairs must love him!

My Setup

Slimline 3-LNB Dish
WB68 Muti-Switch
Living Room: R16-300
Master Bedroom: D12-500
Kids Bedroom: D12-500

Proudly Non Comcastic since 2007

#7 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:39 AM

Power Finally restored yesterday(Friday)afternoon.
Got the pole mount in and the wriing (SCC CABLING)from pole to side of House,Luckily he had a spare conduit installed at my request when the house was built.:D So i wont have to drill the siding.
Todays fun in this nice snow storm we are getting now: Inside wiring:D
Luckily theres a fence comapny that sells 2 in OD posts i picked up 3 10 ft sections.2 are for FUTURE USE.
Jimmy

#8 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

Install done
All receivers 95+ on all conus sats:D
SWM-3 Dish on the pole i put in last week (rock solid)
All NEW RECEIVERS in Sealed cartons:D (no refurb markings at all)

Now he needs to do 1 more thing
JOIN DBS TALK:D
Jimmy

spam firewall