Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DVR Scheduler

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BlueGuy

BlueGuy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

Hi All-

I'm having one frustration with the DVR Scheduler and am wondring if it is a shortcoming of the set-up or if it is user error. :rolleyes:

When I go to the channel guide at D*'s website you can only scroll forward or backward in time from the very top and very bottom of the guide. This means that if you are trying to see what is on a channel (say in the 200's) you cannot see what is on a few hours later or earlier without scrolling all the way up to the top or bottom of the entire guide.

This wasn't always the case. Initially with DVR scheduler you could move fwd or backward in time no matter where you were in the guide. DVR Scheduler has a different look now and with that new look I'm experiencing this annoyance.

Have I simply not figured out how to do this or are others experiencing the same thing?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

I haven't used the Scheduler for some time, but you are correct. You used to be able to move out in time using an arrow located about every page full. The list needs to scroll within the main window, keeping the header on screen at all times.

What I think is really lacking is the ability to create a favorite's list, so that you don't have to scroll through several pages of inconsequential channels.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   Jashobeam

Jashobeam

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

What I think is really lacking is the ability to create a favorite's list, so that you don't have to scroll through several pages of inconsequential channels.

That would be wonderful. I think Zap2It used to allow favorites so you could easily search through just a few channels. I never use the DVR scheduler anymore since it's hard to use the search and guide.

spam firewall