Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Feb 1 Rate increase!

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:14 AM

I've been trying to save my monthly bill on Dish for awhile.

I just have one TV with Vip622 DVR, which I had since 2006.
I just switched to TurboHD Silver since I rarely watch SD program.

My latest bill: Leased Rec. Fee---------- 7.00
DVR Serv. Fee------------ 5.98
TurboHD Silver w Locals--- 44.99

I am saving close to $9.00 from my previous bill. I don't have any
commitment with Dish right now. I may upgrade Vip622 later. I am
happy with everything except Lease Rec Fee of $ 7.00
I've had this Vip622 DVR for almost 3 yrs already and I think I paid
enough Leased Rec Fee on this one! And HDMI port is not working
anymore! :mad: Any possible way to get rid of this fee?

I'd appreciate expert opinions.

You only have one tv and one receiver? I was under the impression that you only paid the lease fee/additional receiver fee for the second receiver and up. I always thought that your first receivers fee was included in the package price at least that's how it's always worked on my bill. I never had an additional lease fee until I upgraded and had a second tv hooked up.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

You only have one tv and one receiver? I was under the impression that you only paid the lease fee/additional receiver fee for the second receiver and up. I always thought that your first receivers fee was included in the package price at least that's how it's always worked on my bill. I never had an additional lease fee until I upgraded and had a second tv hooked up.

DISH'n It Up existing customer upgrades done prior to about Feb '08 always had a lease fee. That meant that even as the only receiver on the account, the lease fee applied. If avman7 were to upgrade NOW, and get a 722 for the 622, he'd reduce his monthly bill by $7/month. But commit to 24 months. Might be better to wait for a 922 if that's what he had in mind for down the road. It is only for the past year that existing customer upgrade rules for the 1st receiver always being included with the ATxxx package matched the rules always in effect for new customers.

#263 OFFLINE   avman7

avman7

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for replies.

It sounds like Vip 922 is very impressive. As long as it's affordable I will probably
wait and upgrade later this year.

#264 OFFLINE   kb7oeb

kb7oeb

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

If you don't want to upgrade now it might be worth calling dish and trying to get the fee removed since they don't charge it for new upgrades anymore.

spam firewall