Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

XM Sirius 70's on 7 playing music speeded up (not tempo)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

Can you explain better what you mean by speeded up? Tempo and beat mean the same thing, so I don't know what you mean when you say that tempo is speeded up but the beat isn't.

The best way I could describe it was that there was no breaks in the songs at all. No place for a singer to take a breathe in the songs. The words just followed one right after the other. It would be like me typing this post like this : Thesongswerejusttoofast. But I haven't noticed this happening anymore.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   IggyDad

IggyDad

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Well, it's now 2013 and Sirius 7 and in some cases Sirius 8 are both definitely speeding up the tempo on certain songs. Not only that, but apparently they're not using the latest technology because the pitch is slightly different too. WHY???? They don't sell commercials. This bastardizes the music I grew up on. Any insights? Anyone?? Do they thing we're just too stupid notice? In some cases, it's so offensive that I feel the need to change channels. I mean, come one, isn't Andy Gibbs' voice high enough already?

#23 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Better check your speakers.
Gary

#24 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I listen to "70's" in my work truck every workday while driving. I really hadn't noticed this. Ill be listening for it next week. Don't know if it will be noticeable in the loud work truck tho. No idea why they would do it, however.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#25 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Well they certainly don't need the time to run ads. I hope when I next listen all will be back to normal. I heard a song yesterday on the 70's on 7 of the Jackson Five and it was so fast they almost sounded like the original Alvin and the Chipmunks--for those of us old enough to remember the original Alvin and the Chipmunks :D :lol:

Uh, Simon? Theodore? Alvin? Alvin? ALVIN!

OK!! :D:D

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

Protected By... spam firewall...And...