Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Returning secondary receiver within 1st year.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr. Vega

Mr. Vega

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

i have 2 leased receivers (722/612), and want to send my lesser used 612 back to dish to save some loot.

i found some old threads from a few years back stating zero equipment changes for first time customers within the first year or service, which is my situation.

my account started Feb of this year.

i am also curious how this might affect my status as a grandfather'd in hdAbsolute customer, as i do not want to lose that especially with the looming price increases.

in addition to the info provided by you guys and gals i intend on doing a "chat" with dish to get their position.

thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Zero327

Zero327

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

i have 2 leased receivers (722/612), and want to send my lesser used 612 back to dish to save some loot.

i found some old threads from a few years back stating zero equipment changes for first time customers within the first year or service, which is my situation.

my account started Feb of this year.

i am also curious how this might affect my status as a grandfather'd in hdAbsolute customer, as i do not want to lose that especially with the looming price increases.

in addition to the info provided by you guys and gals i intend on doing a "chat" with dish to get their position.

thanks.

Grandfather agreements are more or less a means to avoid unnecessary whining. They're a courtesy/favor. I wouldn't try to have your cake and eat it too, or you might lose your cake and get none of it.
Four universal truthes:
1. All is fair in love and war.
2. Nothing is absolute but death and taxes.
3. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

4. If you think the above three things shouldn't apply to you, e-mail CEO@dishnetwork.com.

#3 OFFLINE   Mr. Vega

Mr. Vega

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:29 AM

did a chat w/ Dish, they say i can return the receiver whenever.

what about the retailer? i wouldnt want to screw them out of money if i merely need to hang on to it another few months. i dont mind doing that.

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:51 AM

did a chat w/ Dish, they say i can return the receiver whenever.

what about the retailer? i wouldnt want to screw them out of money if i merely need to hang on to it another few months. i dont mind doing that.

Are we your retailer? You need to contact them not ask us.:)

#5 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

As long as you maintain the service overall, you won't hurt the retailer by returning one of the receivers.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...