Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Third ViP211K twitchy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   aidendey

aidendey

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:47 AM

Hello Sages and Wizards, I profess no expertise in satellite tv issues. As an inticiment to not switch to Verizon fiber optic service, Dish agreed to upgrade two older receivers and install a third (all ViP211K's) for free. It took 7 appointments to finally get the system installed(!!). I have (2) "Dish 500" dishes, a DP34 multi-switch, and all the coax runs have copper wires. Since day 1, the receiver furthest from the dish farm (kitchen) was apt to experience drop outs during really bad weather. The other 2 receivers seemed to drop out/pixelate/have intermittent audio issues very, very seldom. Certainly not enough to complain about. The LNB fell off of the dish that points to sats 110/119 last week, the tech came out and said a mounting screw had fallen out. At that time all 3 receivers were dead. After reinstalling the LNB, the kitchen receiver has been a continuous source of aggravation. It loses the 110/119 signals, gropes for them incessantly, never finding them. It shows a signal strength of 52 for sat 61.5. First few days after the LNB remounting, the kitchen receiver worked intermittently in the AM, dropping out more frequently the longer it was in use. Since yesterday, I get no reception of 110/119 at all, AM or PM. No picture or sound, and incomplete program guide info. Now, to complicate matters even further, the receiver in the bedroom (second furthest from dish farm) was intermittently dropping out and losing audio last night, but lasting only a few seconds. (No weather issues.) The receiver in the front bedroom (closest to the dish farm) seems oblivious to all of these goings on, at least for the moment. Would it help if I posted some jpegs of the cable runs? I'm calling the same tech back tomorrow, but I have come to expect very little from these people. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Aiden

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:59 AM

Call DISH and reinvestigate switching to FIOS.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...