Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Problems with Dish installation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

We just moved to a new house. We are renting at the moment and they do not want a dish installed on the house. We used the Deck at our last home but here the deck is facing the wrong way so we had to come up with something better.

The dish technician who came out the first time was going to put out a temp pad but did not have one in the shop he said they would have one on Wed and would be back out with the temp pad then. WEd comes around a contractor shows up has no idea anyone has been out here before and then says that contracts are not allowed to do temp pads only dish technicians. So he left and said to call dish to get a new appt.

I called Dish and they said they had nothing available till late in the week but would put us on a wait list and if anyone was not home or canceled we would get in. Then i never heard anything so i called to see what was going on and they said they could fit us in over the weekend. No one showed then i called again and they said they had us scheduled for Mon. Well Mon came and no one showed then i get a call confirming my appt for Tues. I told them we were scheduled for that day and they said they did not have that on record. So then today another contractor shows up and he says he cant do a temp pad or poll mount and will only mount on the top of the house.

I am at a loss here. Dish promised that only a dish tech would be out here and both times was a contractor.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ashh

Ashh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:58 PM

what you heard form a conntractor is not true. We can put in non penetrating mounts. If you are having a huge problem with techs in your area place the pole yourself. You need a 5/8 in fence pole make sure its plumb and put in concrete. Next time a tech comes out tell them you want it mounted on that pole. If I was in your area I would be glad to come and get it done.

#3 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

I would but the ground is frozen i dont think i could mount a poll. That was why the original tech was going to do a temp pad.

Thanks Ashh i will keep that in mind. I know the contractor who came out today said the same thing that they were not allowed to.

#4 OFFLINE   BNUMM

BNUMM

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

what you heard form a conntractor is not true. We can put in non penetrating mounts. If you are having a huge problem with techs in your area place the pole yourself. You need a 5/8 in fence pole make sure its plumb and put in concrete. Next time a tech comes out tell them you want it mounted on that pole. If I was in your area I would be glad to come and get it done.

That should be 1 5/8" pole.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...